Daily GL General Chat

read this about FF 8 english translation with Rinoa stuff, so the English translation was not correct there's no triangle with Squall/Rinoa/Seifer in truth the english translators changed it:

========

SITUATION:
When Selphie wondered why Seifer came to the Timber Broadcast Station

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:
Rinoa: I think...he came to help us, the 'Forest Owls'. I talked about it a lot with him.

ORIGINAL:
Rinoa: I think he came because of the 'Forest Owls'. I asked him for advice on a lot of things.

COMPARISON:
In the English translation the implication is that Rinoa simply talked to Seifer about the Forest Owls and her dream to free Timber. In the original, however, the implication is more that Seifer actually helped Rinoa with the Forest Owls, probably during the summer they spent together. As a Garden trainee Seifer must have been well-versed in weaponry and possibly tactical maneuvers, possibly guerilla resistance-style tactics. I think it's also possible he taught Rinoa how to fight--ever wonder why Rinoa's weapon is so similar to Fujin's? :)

========

SITUATION:
When asked at G-Garden whether she still liked Seifer

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:
Rinoa: If I didn't, I wouldn't be talking about it.

ORIGINAL:
Rinoa: If I did I couldn't talk about it like this.

COMPARISON:
Huh? o_O I checked another source, and it bears out the story guide book, too. It seems the translators either made a huge boo-boo, or mistranslated on purpose to create a lover's triangle between Seifer, Squall, and Rinoa. Whether to go with the English transltion or not is up to the gamer, but it seems Rinoa wasn't originally the "tart" she's made out to be in the English version.

Classic PSX ff8 non realtime CGmovie Rinoa's PLOT physics in action lol
c7XWISu.gif

Breaking news: I have flavored water

Jedi Tifa lol strong in the PLOT force she is

UWNZXrTB_o.jpg

Im outside enjoying the night air and all im doing is getting bit up by mosquitoes. Im moving to another state where they dont exist.

Whens the date of the DIrect though

Sadly we're not getting the console announcement on this one, they already said. Unless they said screw it and announce everything.

So I signed up for that NGL app where they ask the anon questions. FIrst 2 answers I got back were "im going to ask you out" and "talking to anyone?". Welp lol.

Back