Dark Souls Remastered Console Test

Most likely the Xbox one X?

I'm glad to say that the PC version of Dark Souls Remastered runs incredibly well. I get a constant (and I mean quite literally constant) solid 60 FPS with no dips. However, and this is a pretty big however, the Sif and Nito fights are complete trash. I don't know what From Software did to screw them up this badly, but even people with powerful hardware get massive dips during both of those fights.

These are the only two points in the game where I get below 60 FPS, but they're horrendous. The drops only happen when you're near the boss though. My main strategy is to get under Sif and whack away at him, and during those moments, the FPS drops are infuriatingly bad. Then when he jumps away after finishing his move set, the FPS pops back up to 60. Nito isn't as bad as Sif, but both instances are quite immersion breaking.

That being said, we're more likely to see the second coming of Christ than a patch from From Software that fixes this issue. They're notoriously bad at fixing broken things in their games.

Back