Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Xbox One X won't run Destiny 2 at 60 frames per second, Bungie has confirmed.

Luke Smith, the design director for Bungie's upcoming shared-world shooter, confirmed to Geoff Keighley during YouTube Live at E3 that, much like PlayStation 4 Pro, Destiny 2 will run at 30 frames per second on Xbox One X.

Only because they have power, don't mean much.

Well, power still means something. Even if they’re not making the most out of it, you can’t expect them not to do it in the future. The new console has just been announced and maybe going all the way and spending a lot of money just so a few people can have Destiny 2 at 60FPS isn’t something that Microsoft is willing to do right now.

I could careless personally, I'm not big into frame rates really.
Well, I spent years playing PSOne games on outdated PC, so I get it. I mean, of course frame rates are important when you’re playing at 10-15FPS, but I never understood why people seem to be so crazy about the whole 60FPS’s thing. I just never made too much sense to me. Games should be about story, visual effects and gameplay if you ask me.

I don't actually own the Xbox One so this doesn't directly affect me, regardless, I am not one of those people that DEMAND every game to have some crazy high FPS. I don't really understand the whole point. Isn't it that our eyes can't detect anything above 60 FPS anyway? What's the benefit of having FPS above 200 or some silly number? Just so it feels smoother or what? (sorry if it's a dumb question)

I don't know. I agree with jviloriab96. I don't care about frames per second. All I care about is that the actual game is good and has quality gameplay.

Well, I'm a PC gamer and even though stereotypically I'm supposed to be all about that 60 FPS, I'll be the first to say that I could not care less. Admittedly I can tell there is a big difference between 30 and 60 FPS, but what matters more to me is that the frame rate is consistent. I'll take a solid 30 FPS over a choppy 60 FPS any day of the week.

It does make consoles look a bit weak though, given all the posturing and chest thumping the guys behind Xbox have been doing.

Back