Did you ever thought touchscreen monitors would be so popular in cars when you were a kid?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
When I was a kid, most cars did not have a touchscreen monitor, and still used knobs and buttons to control the radio, heater, air conditioner, clock, and other devices and features in a car.

Mainstream touchscreen laptops and tablets did not exist until many years afterwards when I was a young adult when Windows XP Tablet PC Edition got released, so I never thought cars would have touchscreen monitors because I never saw a mainstream touchscreen laptop until Windows XP got released

Touchscreens monitors were also very expensive when I was a kid, and they required a stylus pen. I think the closest thing to a touchscreen monitor was those old Palm PDA/ Personal Digital Assistants where you needed a plastic stylus pen to use a Palm Pilot. Palm pilots were very expensive, so I never would of thought that cars would have built-in tablets with touchscreens which the user can control with their fingers or a capacitive stylus.

When I was a kid I never thought there be any kind of screen, much less touch one.

I think in the past in the 1990s to 2000s, mostly police officers had a laptop screen which they use for looking up information on criminals and crimes.

But, most people did not have TV except for very rich people who have a TV in the back of their limousine car with a TV for watching movies, and watching satellite TV.

Last edited:
That would be a big fat no from me. I thought they were a pain to control at first....but slowly I got used to them a lot.

Now it just seems weird without those monitors to be honest.

That would be a big fat no from me. I thought they were a pain to control at first....but slowly I got used to them a lot.

Now it just seems weird without those monitors to be honest.

I agree, it does seem weird these days if a new cell phones, laptops and cars do not come with a touchscreen monitors which seem to be everywhere.

Back