Did you wish more laptops in 2019 have wired Ethernet networking internet ports?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A wired Ethernet internet port can come in handy when the Wi-fi on a laptop is broken, so I wish more laptops these days have a wired internet port.

I wish that's the case.
But most probably we won't be having many laptops like that. They will have the wireless connectivity configuration but some laptops wouldn't support the wired connectivity anymore.....and in future....I highly doubt we would find any laptop which supports wired connectivity.

My laptop has an ethernet port. Isn't that a common feature in laptops these days? I might be missing out.

Most still have them, the ones that don't are the really slimline laptops.

Most still have them, the ones that don't are the really slimline laptops.

I think most Apple Macbooks, and Google Chromebooks no longer have Ethernet wired networking ports. But, Ethernet ports are more common on laptops which are thicker, gaming laptops, and have disc drives.

Most people buy laptops to be wireless, not to be tethered to a cable. Faster WiFi and longer battery life is more important than an Ethernet port.

I guess a lot of people also rather have more storage, faster RAM and a better CPU than a Ethernet port. A lot of people may not want to spend an extra $50 on a laptop with a Ethernet Port, but may pay an extra $50 for a laptop with more RAM, faster CPU, and more storage.

Literally mine has 1 but I never really use it. I could see why people would want more though, my friend always hooks his up to his TV etc.

I feel people who stream videos in 4K or play online games would want an Ethernet port.

For the people who really care about that stuff, they’d buy a desktop or have a steaming box connected to an Ethernet port.

You’d be surprised at how many people don’t know about the benefits of an Ethernet cable or care. The average consumer wants the convenience of using their laptop wirelessly in another room, and thinks it’s too much of a pain, or looks ugly, to buy/make an x-length cable just to use slightly faster internet.

Back