Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo has a bad tendency to release multiple versions of the same handheld in different sizes and colors to the point it makes you regret buying it on day one.

So do you only stick with one till it breaks or do you collect them all?

Stick with one till it breaks, then I might upgrade to the latest. Might! 

I buy one and try to make it last until the next generation, at the least. I don't see the point in a bigger screen, or another color. If it can play the games, I'm usually pretty happy with it. Especially my 3DS.

I purchased 2 a long time ago, mostly due to my love of Castlevania and Mega man.
I got the Nintendo DS solely for playing Dawn of Sorrow and I caught it on sale for 110 dollars at the time.

And then a couple months later I got the PSP on sale from a friend for 78 dollars and it came with Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (which was a fantastic deal IMO).

Nowadays I don't even play handhelds, although I do still use my PSP for multimedia purposes (listening to music and watching movies on the go).

I get every generation and then lend my older versions out to my friends. It's also good when I have the craving to pick up last generation games.

I've had my 3ds for awhile now, and the XL is really tempting me. I have $200 put aside for when a collector's edition one I want comes out.

I had the Nintendo Gameboy when I was a kid. And I bought the Sony PSP, but I didn't really care for it. When I was a kid handhelds were great. But now that I am older handhelds don't really compare to PS3 + big screen (at that time).

Greg

I really have no obligation or desire to keep buying the same system but with different cosmetic appearances. When it comes to Nintendo handhelds, I've been sticking with my standard DSi and GBA gpSP emulator for my PSPGo. Overall I prefer the PSPGo over Nintendo handhelds. I think Nintendo should try something completely different.

Due to the nature of my work-children's home-I go out and buy a ton of handhelds on the first day. I've actually managed to get consoles and handhelds shipped directly to us for day one, rather than having to go out and buy them at a store. We still pay the same amount, but it's just simplier this way. Well, it is now at least that I know who to phone.

When it was originally suggested to me, I had to phone around the family, see if anyone knew any way of contacting anyone within each company. In the case of Microsoft, I actually had to phone an uncle, who put me onto his friend, who worked for a seperate games company, who could get me someone within Microsoft itself. Then I had to start crawling up the ladder of management until I got to the level I needed. And each time I had to explain who I was, how I'd got here in the first place, explain what I did, and what I was looking for and why.

Let me tell you this;I have so much respect for managers of stores now, because never before did I realise how much work went into just securing a shipment of something. But, thankfully our house gets our own shipment of consoles and handhelds when they come out now. But that took a lot of work to get arranged.

I usually buy only one but sometimes I do regret it to some extent when I see a new design released that I like. However, if I really wanted it bad enough, I'd most likely just sell my existing one and add a bit more to top it off and buy the new design, but I've never done that because I mostly just care about the performance anyway.

I usually buy more than one because I have a tendency to leave one at home and one in my car. I forget to bring it sometimes and it don't really like the games on the phone. I don't really like how Nintendo releases more consoles. It makes it really annoying to update it sometimes. 

blackbagel said:
I usually buy more than one because I have a tendency to leave one at home and one in my car. I forget to bring it sometimes and it don't really like the games on the phone. I don't really like how Nintendo releases more consoles. It makes it really annoying to update it sometimes. 
Why do you hve one in your car? Also, it's not exactly like Nintendo is alone in releasing updates to their handhelds. If anything, they fall behind Sony and Microsoft when it comes to constant updates. Think about it. Yes they update their handhelds every now and then, but then so does Sony. There's at least four different versions of the PSP.

Then think of actual consoles. Nintendo never updates their home consoles. They get it right once, and continue with that, only making software updates here and there. Sony on the other hand comes out with the PS3 Phat. The PS3 Slim. I'm pretty sure there's a third PS3 version, although I could be wrong.

Then look at Microsoft and their versions of the 360. They rank supreme in terms of updating consoles.

Lately, I've been getting all of the handhelds that they've released (excluding the 2DS). I just like to play my Pokemon games on a device with decent graphics. I also notice a bit better loading on each of the newer devices, which I love.

Back