Do you care about having an Ethernet Wired Networking port when buying a laptop or desktop?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It would be nice to have a wired Ethernet Port for wired internet and networking instead of just relying on wireless wi-fi. But, if the price of the laptop is very affordable, it is very thin, or it is one of those Tablet Laptop 2-in-1 computers, I may buy a laptop which is wifi-only. There are also USB Wired Ethernet adapters which add wi-fi to a computer without wired networking, so it is simple to add wired networking to any computer with a USB Ethernet Wired Networking adapter.

If I was buying a desktop, having a wired networking port is very important since my computer is usually next to the modem/router, and using a wired cable is faster, and easier to setup than wireless.

Always gotta have one. If something goes wrong with the WiFi you're stuffed without it

towers come without a Ethernet port? I'm sure this is something that will always be included.

I think Used/refurbished computers sometimes don't come with an Ethernet port because the desktop computer was built many years a go before high speed broadband internet was popular. Computers built during Windows 95- XP and older time period sometimes don't have Ethernet because most people used dial-up in the past.

There are some mini-desktop computers which don't have Ethernet port because of a lack of space.

I think Used/refurbished computers sometimes don't come with an Ethernet port because the desktop computer was built many years a go before high speed broadband internet was popular. Computers built during Windows 95- XP and older time period sometimes don't have Ethernet because most people used dial-up in the past.

There are some mini-desktop computers which don't have Ethernet port because of a lack of space.

even if dial up, they still used the same space or cable type insert.

WiFi are extremely good however slower then if your going plug it in. My desktop has it

yes i would prefer a wired port over a WIFI network anytime. Just because the performance is much faster and better than any wifi network!

even if dial up, they still used the same space or cable type insert.

Dial-up uses the phone cable type with a smaller plastic plug, and thinner cable. I think on very old computers, dial-up modems were not built-in because few people subscribe to the internet many years ago because of the high cost, and slow speeds. People had to install their own dial-up modem cards, or use an external modem which connected to a desktop with a serial or USB port.

Dial-up uses the phone cable type with a smaller plastic plug, and thinner cable. I think on very old computers, dial-up modems were not built-in because few people subscribe to the internet many years ago because of the high cost, and slow speeds. People had to install their own dial-up modem cards, or use an external modem which connected to a desktop with a serial or USB port.

though a bit longer, I'm sure both phone and ethernet use this:

mzHNjz6c3y_yzwxChThNI9w.jpg

Back