Do you hold off until cheaper?

Well, to be honest, it matters what game franchise it is and how excited I am for it. For example, I am a huge sucker for Bethesda's RPGs. I had to pre-order Skyrim so I could play it Day 1, I also want to pre-order Fallout 4 so I can play that as soon as it comes out, too. But other than that, I almost never pay full price for a game, unless it is very cheap to begin with (10-15-20€). I made an exception for Grand Theft Auto V, however, when it came out on Steam, and had to get that for the Online Heists mode. 

However, I really prefer to wait if I'm not that excited about some game, since the price almost always drop to 75% during sales on Steam. For example, Far Cry 4 came out only recently last year, but it was already down to 16 or so euros on the recent Steam summer sale. Which is a huge discount for such a new game. 

I usually do, unless I really really want a game. Like the upcoming Dark Souls 3 or Salt & Sanctuary. Those are ones I want to get day one, or as closer to day one as I can. Sadly for DkS3, I need to upgrade my PC first...

I do hold off buying a game until it is considerably cheap.
I am not exactly obsessed with wanting to play the game as soon as it is released.

I'll wait on a price drop. with work, school, & bills, I usually wait until the price drops

I wait for the game to be on sale. Can't buy it when it's on full price.

It depends on how bad I want the game. If I want the game really bad and can't wait to play it, then usually I get it as soon as it's released. If I don't have to have it right then, then I can wait.

It depends on the game really. With a game that I like, I usually will pre-order it or get it when it comes out because I don't mind paying the price. But if it's a game I want to try but am not too mad about it, I'll wait a bit for the price to drop

I make almost NO exceptions when it comes to this - for me I'd always rather wait a year or two to buy a game. The price usually drops significantly in that time...though to be fair there have been a few that held their initial value far past what I thought they would.

The worst part about it is definitely trying to avoid spoilers, especially since I sit on an IRC network a lot of the time with a lot of folks who game.

Back