Do you mostly use a PC to play Games from the Windows Store for Windows 8 and 10?

Do you mostly use a PC to play Games from the Windows Store for Windows 8 and 10?

Discussion in 'PC-Mobile-Others' started by froggyboy604, Oct 19, 2016.

1. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $27,260
    Yes, I mostly use a PC to play games from the Windows Store for Windows 8/8.1 and 10 because I do not own a Windows tablet or Windows Phone Smartphone.

I also prefer using a keyboard and mouse to play games like Asphalt 8, Modern Combat, and Sonic Dash which are available in the Windows Store.

2. CM30

CM30 Well-Known Member Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,667
    I don't play games for the Windows Store. Steam just seems to be a better choice, with mobile games being something I'd play on iPhone or Android (where there's actually a decent selection).

3. froggyboy604

Money:
    $27,260
    I agree Steam is a better choice unless the game you want to play is a Windows Store exclusive games like Forza Horizon Apex, Microsoft Minesweeper, Halo 5 : Forge, etc which maybe only available in the Windows Store unless MS published them on Steam as well.

The Windows Store is starting to have a decent selection of mobile games like Candy Crush Saga, Sonic Dash, Minecraft, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja etc.

I think one of the main benefits of playing Windows mobile games on a modern PC is that gamers with an average computer usually have a fast enough PC or laptop to play most mobile games in the Windows Store. Many average modern PCs sold these days at stores like BestBuy have a 1.9 GHz multi-core CPU, 4GB or more RAM, Intel HD or better graphics, and 500GB or 1TB hard drive.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

5. Britanica

Britanica New Member

Female
    Money:
    $186
    Never use Windows for gaming. I buy all my games on Steam. They have more options and it is just more convenient. I honestly never even considered getting a game through the windows shop.

6. froggyboy604

Money:
    $27,260
    I recommend you take a look at the Windows Store games section, and play some Windows Store games which run faster when they are running with an average Windows PC with 4GB of RAM, and a 1.8 GHz Intel or AMD multi-core CPU instead of an Android emulator, or slower Android or iOS mobile device.

A lot of Windows Store games are free-to-play, so you don't need to spend any money to play a game unless you choose to buy DLC, and virtual game money for the game.

A lot of the games are time waster games which are best to play for 30 minutes or less when you are bored.

7. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I will keep it in mind.

8. Empire

Empire KickAss Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $1,204
    Nope is my answer, why would I? I rather go on steam and get the games on there and get to pick from the list of games that I have installed or not.

Game on the Windows store are not the games that I want to play. I mean do they have GTA? nope!!!!

9. froggyboy604

Money:
    $27,260
    There is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in the Windows Store. But, there are not other GTA games like GTA 5, GTA 4, and 3.

10. Empire

Empire KickAss Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $1,204
    Still I can get it on steam with allot more options like take images and chat to people :p

$8 is cheap but I can get two games for £10