Do you mostly use a PC to play Games from the Windows Store for Windows 8 and 10?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I mostly use a PC to play games from the Windows Store for Windows 8/8.1 and 10 because I do not own a Windows tablet or Windows Phone Smartphone.

I also prefer using a keyboard and mouse to play games like Asphalt 8, Modern Combat, and Sonic Dash which are available in the Windows Store.

I don't play games for the Windows Store. Steam just seems to be a better choice, with mobile games being something I'd play on iPhone or Android (where there's actually a decent selection).

I don't play games for the Windows Store. Steam just seems to be a better choice, with mobile games being something I'd play on iPhone or Android (where there's actually a decent selection).

I agree Steam is a better choice unless the game you want to play is a Windows Store exclusive games like Forza Horizon Apex, Microsoft Minesweeper, Halo 5 : Forge, etc which maybe only available in the Windows Store unless MS published them on Steam as well.

The Windows Store is starting to have a decent selection of mobile games like Candy Crush Saga, Sonic Dash, Minecraft, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja etc.

I think one of the main benefits of playing Windows mobile games on a modern PC is that gamers with an average computer usually have a fast enough PC or laptop to play most mobile games in the Windows Store. Many average modern PCs sold these days at stores like BestBuy have a 1.9 GHz multi-core CPU, 4GB or more RAM, Intel HD or better graphics, and 500GB or 1TB hard drive.

Last edited:
Never use Windows for gaming. I buy all my games on Steam. They have more options and it is just more convenient. I honestly never even considered getting a game through the windows shop.

Not really, even though I should.

I recommend you take a look at the Windows Store games section, and play some Windows Store games which run faster when they are running with an average Windows PC with 4GB of RAM, and a 1.8 GHz Intel or AMD multi-core CPU instead of an Android emulator, or slower Android or iOS mobile device.

A lot of Windows Store games are free-to-play, so you don't need to spend any money to play a game unless you choose to buy DLC, and virtual game money for the game.

A lot of the games are time waster games which are best to play for 30 minutes or less when you are bored.

I recommend you take a look at the Windows Store games section, and play some Windows Store games which run faster when they are running with an average Windows PC with 4GB of RAM, and a 1.8 GHz Intel or AMD multi-core CPU instead of an Android emulator, or slower Android or iOS mobile device.

A lot of Windows Store games are free-to-play, so you don't need to spend any money to play a game unless you choose to buy DLC, and virtual game money for the game.

A lot of the games are time waster games which are best to play for 30 minutes or less when you are bored.

I will keep it in mind.

Nope is my answer, why would I? I rather go on steam and get the games on there and get to pick from the list of games that I have installed or not.

Game on the Windows store are not the games that I want to play. I mean do they have GTA? nope!!!!

Back