Do you think Google Chromebook would be the 2nd to 3rd most popular PC for Gaming?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that Google Chromebooks maybe the 2nd to 3rd most popular type of computer for gaming since most new Chromebooks can play Android games like Clash of Clans, Minecraft, Candy Crush Saga, etc, and a lot of classic PC and console games are being ported to Android which is now available on Chrome OS.

There are also more web browser HTML5 and Flash games which work well on Google Chrome installed on a Chromebook.

Chromebooks are cheap, and a lot of US schools now use Chromebooks where students most likely use them at home, take them home for homework, and play games on them during class and at home.

I think Apple Macbook, iMac, and Mac Pro are not as popular for gaming because Apple PC are still pretty expensive, and may not be worth it if you mostly use them for gaming, so Apple may have fewer gamers, and Chrome OS will have a rise of gamers from schools and households which use Chromebooks. The rise in Chromebook gaming may make Chromebooks the number two most popular type of computer for gaming.

it will be popular for playing android, ps, ps2 game (emulator thing), I maybe will bought it for playing some android game and carry it to everywhere, not gonna carry my primary laptop everywhere

it will be popular for playing android, ps, ps2 game (emulator thing), I maybe will bought it for playing some android game and carry it to everywhere, not gonna carry my primary laptop everywhere

I agree Chromebooks will be popular for android games, and older console emulators.

I think the Chromebook emulator gaming community is catching up with the Linux and Android emulator community since many students and younger people can use Chromebooks for free from school, or buy one themselves for a low price like $150-200. Most Chromebooks are newer than many older PCs found in schools and homes, so they usually run Android and emulator games better than old Windows XP, Vista, and 7 PC, and older tablets.

There is also only one Chromebook operating system instead of many Linux based operating systems like Debian, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Steam OS, etc, so recommending Android games, emulators, and playing multiplayer Android and Chromebook games is easier with a Chromebook.

A lot of people also use different versions of Android, and some people use $40 Android smartphones/tablets which are too slow for gaming. There are some people who use Android 4.0 while some users who use Android 7.0, so a lot of people on different versions of Android can't play newer Android games made for newer versions of Android. But, I think the version of Android on most Chrome OS devices should be Android 7.1, and most Chromebooks which support Google Play store should run most games, but you may need a touchscreen or controller to play games without keyboard and mouse controls.

Chromebooks are less likely to get stolen by a robber because of the low re-sale value of a Chromebook since you can buy a new one for $150.

Wouldn't a chromebook still be took weak to handle an emulator?

Wouldn't a chromebook still be took weak to handle an emulator?

Most newer Chromebooks which has the Google Play App store use a Newer Generation Intel Celeron, i3, and faster CPU if you buy the Google Pixelbook which uses a newer Intel Core i5 or i7, and most decent Chromebooks have 4GB to 8GB of RAM.

The PSX, PS2, N64, Snes, Gameboy and Sega Genesis did not come with a very fast CPUs compared to today's modern CPUs. I seen some people play games like Overwatch, Grand Theft Auto, and Skyrim on low to medium video settings on an Intel Celeron which is also use on a Chromebook, so I think Chromebooks can probably run most emulators for older consoles since the Celeron can run some newer games.

The Raspberry Pi which is a $35 computer can run games like Quake 3, OpenArena, and emulators, so an Intel Celeron may run most emulators which work on the Raspberry Pi. The Celeron is faster than the Raspberry Pi.

Back