Do you think Microsoft will make Mini consoles like Sony, Nintendo, and Nvidia?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel It is possible that Microsoft may release a mini console like a mini console version of the original Xbox and Xbox 360, and pre-install popular games like Halo, Halo 2 and Fable onto a Mini version of the console.

Microsoft also has Microsoft xCloud game streaming service, so Microsoft can always release a cheap mini console which is mostly use for streaming Xbox games.

It would be interesting to see what they come up with if they ever do go with an option for a mini console. I highly doubt it though. Doesn't make sense for them to distract themselves instead of fully focusing on the current consoles.

I guess Microsoft is looking forward to improve gaming consoles in protable way to play anywhere anytime I will one who eagerly waits for it..

I think when more powerful game console parts like CPU, RAM, video chips, circuit board, and SSD become smaller in physical size because of improvements in technology, Microsoft may make their main game consoles like the Xbox One smaller in size where they maybe as small as most mini consoles like the Nes Mini, Snes Mini, Playstation Mini and Nvidia TV.

Microsoft may get more sales from game console collectors who feel they need another version of the Xbox One like how some users bought the discless version of the Xbox One because they want to add the game console to their Xbox collection. Mini consoles are also cheaper to make sometimes because they use less plastic, metal, paint, and other materials, so MS can save money building the console, and shipping will cost less because mini consoles weigh less, use less space, so they are cheaper to ship to stores.

Microsoft making a mini console or PC to play older MS-DOS, Windows 95-98, and Windows XP games would be nice. Microsoft and PC gaming is older than Xbox, so there maybe a lot of older PC games which may not work on Windows 10 and take too long to re-make to work Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Doubt it. I imagine them making the base Xbox at most, I see them mainly moving in the PC and streaming directions in the future.

Back