Do you think most free popular music streaming services will be gone in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there is a possibility that most free popular music streaming services like Spotify will be gone in the future because people ignore audio ads. But, Google may still have free music streaming on Google Play and YouTube because Google can afford to lose money, or not make as much money from ads. Audio ads probably don't work as well for advertising products like cars because there is no pictures and text like video and picture based ads. I feel ad buyers also are not willing to pay more for audio ads compared to picture and text ads, and video ads because audio based ads are less useful to people who don't understand english, but listen to english music. Free popular streaming music services like Spotify which rely on ads may not be able to earn enough money to pay musicians, staff members, and utility costs for the servers, bandwidth, and electricity.

Ad blockers can also cause free music streaming services to lose money.

There are already 2 Million users who block ads on Spotify according to Spotify reveals 2 million free users are dodging ads

I bet, the number of Spotify users who block and ignore ads will be higher than 2 million in a few years when people figure out how to skip ads.

I also feel most people will just spend a few dollars to buy a few songs, or download pirated free music files from Bittorent and other services rather than stream the music since streaming is kind of inconvenient compared to just listening to music stored on locally on a hard drive or SD card.

It is also cheaper in the US to buy a few songs to play locally on your computer than it is to stream music for free on a limited 500MB bandwidth cell phone data bandwidth plan which cost more than a few dollars for a few Music files bought from iTunes, Amazon music and Google Play.

Depends on how things go, I know there will always be free radio stations to listen to in the future.

Depends on how things go, I know there will always be free radio stations to listen to in the future.

I think the government may support free streaming music services sort of like how Public Radio and TV channels get money loans, tax payer money, and political ad buyers from the government.

But, most likely, there would be more political ads and pro-government music if the government decides to give money to free streaming music services.

Last edited:
I think free streaming services expected that people will surely ignore the ads. People just visited their sites because of free streaming and not the ads, as long as there're new products who wants to advertise on the free streaming services we can enjoy this free streaming.

Spotify is the most use free streaming music app here in ky country. I think as long as the company attracts a lot listeners and subscribers, sponsors will keep in supporting it.

I think as long as they are earning and gaining from it, it wont be gone. Specially those popular music streaming they have a very high profit and they are surely earning enough from it so there is no reason for them to close their service. But we should also always remember that nothing in this world is permanent but there is always something better that will come.

No I don't think they will disappear.
I think if ad-blocking becomes too much of an issue then they will look at alternative ways to monetize.
I think most premium music services rely on subscriptions and if you want a free service then I don't think the majority of users are too bothered by ads.

I think there will be a high possibility that this will happen. Our world now makes money as the center of life, everything is all about money. Even musics can be bought by money. So, soon I think it will be happening.

I think there will be a high possibility that this will happen. Our world now makes money as the center of life, everything is all about money. Even musics can be bought by money. So, soon I think it will be happening.

This is true that companies mainly care about money. If free music streaming services feel they can make more money by selling $5 to 10 a month music subscriptions, more companies would be paid-only services which may offer a free 10 day trial to try the services.

The cost of paying the music companies, musicians, songwriters, producers, and staff maybe too expensive to be supported by ads.

Many ad buyers don't want to pay expensive prices for ads because there are free and cheaper advertising alternatives for advertising their website and stuff on a regular website, or Facebook and Instagram post. Some companies pay many social network members with a lot of followers on social networks to post a picture or video of them using their product.

I think that they will still be available for people to listen to them.

I feel there may still be a few free music streaming services even if free music streaming sites make less money in the future. I think not every free streaming music website owner main goal is to get rich from running a streaming music site, and care more about promoting smaller underated bands or singers who are not popular enough to be in the top 1000 most played songs on Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music.

I feel there may still be a few free music streaming services even if free music streaming sites make less money in the future. I think not every free streaming music website owner main goal is to get rich from running a streaming music site, and care more about promoting smaller underated bands or singers who are not popular enough to be in the top 1000 most played songs on Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music.
They might be shut down due to laws and copyright. If that is the case.

They might be shut down due to laws and copyright. If that is the case.

This is true most of the free music download sites and online video download websites are now shut down, so free streaming websites which can't afford to pay the expensive music royalty payments may be shut down.

Well, it is possible.

I wouldn't say that for certain but there is an end for everything. .

So, I wouldn't count on anything to be a permanent one.

I feel most employed people in North America are willing to pay $1 or more a month for streaming music as an alternative to listening to audio ads on free legal music streaming sites. I think the audio ads on free streaming music websites can annoy more users where people rather subscribe to affordable paid music streaming sites if they exist, and do not have to worry that the ads and free music streaming websites are tracking them to learn more about them, and use the data to advertise more ads to you.

There are ways to pay for paid streaming music without needing to spend your own money like mining cryprocurrency, volunteering, doing paid surveys, posting paid reviews of products on YouTube and blogs, and beta testing software and PC games which can be more enjoyable than listening to ads which advertise products and services you are not interested in.

Some music streaming websites may let you download the music to play on your device when offline, or using mobile data. There are also sound card audio recording computer software which let you record audio music streams, or sound from your PC's sound chip, so you have a offline copy of the streaming music.

I think the recording software is legal, but people use it to record copyrighted music. But, a lot of people use recording software to record audio from non-copyrighted music.

Back