Do you think most free popular music streaming services will be gone in the future?

But do recording software is also illegal even not for distribution?
Depends per country.
Most of the world agrees that recording conversations without permission is illegal (pay attention Google!).
And with the new (totalitarian!) EU law that will be (anti-democratically!) pushed, every kind of recording will be illegal there, no matter what.

By the way, the latter mentioned law will also make linking to these 2 sites illegal on European grounds.

I found a news story that Tencent which is a Chinese Tech company tried to buy Spotify which has a free and paid music streaming service according to Tencent tried to buy Spotify earlier this year . Tencent also owns Riot games which make League of Legends which is free to play, but you need to spend money to buy digital game characters, and mods like skins for characters. I think if Tencent was successful at buying Spotify, Spotify will be free to listen to many songs, but listeners need to pay more if you want to listen to higher audio quality high bitrate music, and certain songs which are only available on the paid streaming plans.

There are some League of Legends players who complain that the game is becoming pay to play and pay to win where you need to spend money to enjoy playing the game.

I forgot, back long ago when I first opened the site, I used a service called esnips to stream free music while I worked on stuff. I do miss it.

Back