Do you think the price of RAM/Memory will cost the same as USB Flash drive memory storage?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it will take a while for the price of 8GB of DDR4 RAM which cost about $70 to be same price as a USB 8GB Flash drive which cost about $10.

But, eventually the price of 8GB of RAM maybe $10 when companies figure out how to make RAM more affordable without lowering the amount of RAM on each RAM module stick.

I remember when 2GB of RAM cost a lot of money, but now 2GB of DDR3 RAM cost about $10 on Amazon and eBay, so I feel in many years 8GB of RAM may cost less, and won't be enough RAM for some programs, games and operating systems released in the future.

I think RAM is somewhat reasonable these days. It's SSDs that where the cost hurt can be found.

I think RAM is somewhat reasonable these days. It's SSDs that where the cost hurt can be found.

I agree SSD prices are very expensive unless you just need a small SSD for storing Document files created with MS Office. The average size of Windows Operating Systems, video, program, and game files can use a lot of GBs, so SSD get filled very quickly if you use your SSD for storing video, games, and software, and use the Windows Pro, Enterprise, and Workstation Operating systems which has more features and use more space than Windows Home versions.

Back