Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

This week Microsoft created two AIs and tied them to twitter, making it able to talk to anyone who tweeted at the AI Tay or the Japanese version Rinna.

While Rinna remained cool and otakuish, Tay quickly became racist and saying things that is socially suicidal. You can find examples in the links or video above, but Tay was quickly shut down for obvious reasons.

Did anyone tweet these AIs? Has the power of the internet scared anyone?

I wonder if these twitter users who used Twitter to tweet racist, and offensive tweets used their main twitter account to tweet at Tay AI bot.

I read a few online news stories of people getting fired from their job or kicked out of school for saying something racist, or offensive on websites like Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. I also saw a news story on TV were criminals and fugitives post comments on a Police stations Facebook account, and the criminal got caught because the police tracked the criminal's I.P. address on Facebook.

I don't understand why Microsoft used Twitter to create this AI thing... Like, can't they afford to make their own website, like Existor.com ?

I think Microsoft used Twitter because it is a popular social network, and it is easy to use Twitter to tweet strangers without needing to add them to their friendlist like Facebook where you can't easily contact non-friends.

It would also could take a very long time to promote a new website instead of promoting a Twitter account where people just needs to search for the username on Twitter.

It would also could take a very long time to promote a new website
Eh, I don't know about that. I mean, their "how-old.net" website became incredibly popular in just a few weeks. People have always been interested in AI websites. That's why sites like Cleverbot and Existor get huge monthly traffic.

Existor.com is in the top 50k most popular websites according to Alexa: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/existor.com

Eh, I don't know about that. I mean, their "how-old.net" website became incredibly popular in just a few weeks. People have always been interested in AI websites. That's why sites like Cleverbot and Existor get huge monthly traffic.

Existor.com is in the top 50k most popular websites according to Alexa: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/existor.com

A lot of people use the Twitter app and third-party Twitter apps on their smartphone, tablet, and desktop computers, so more people will probably give Tay AI a try because they don't need to visit another website, or use another app to use Tay AI.

If Tay AI became a trending topic on Twitter, a lot of Twitter who are not interested by Tay AI may learn about Tay by looking at the trending topic sections of Twitter.

Maybe Microsoft predicted that the US version of their Tay AI will quickly become racist from Racist Twitter users, so they had no plans to make Tay AI into a website because of its bad publicity of Tay AI becoming a racist AI bot.

I didn't know that there are AI's available in twitter.
I have never tried them and I don't plan to do that either....more like I am not interested in social media at all.

Back