Don't use flashcarts/Action Reply/etc on the 3DS

NintendudeCT

Awards
Credits
Most people know this already, but your 3DS will stop working if you use any unauthorized hardware or programs on your 3DS.

Bricked.jpg

Oh of course, I just want to prevent any of you guys from ruining it before then. I myself would like to use a flashcart at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they say this about most consoles. I think the Wii has something like this in the manual. And Pokemon Stadium 1/2 on the Nintendo 64 pretty much said the same thing, complete with 'technical measures'. Quote:

If you try to use Pokemon from your Game Boy Game Pak that were enhanced by a trick, code quirk or enhancement device, there is a strong possibility your Game Boy Pokemon data will be erased. It is also possible that such data will prevent you from proceeding through [game name].

They should do that for the 3DS. Forget trying to 'block' homebrew stuff and piracy, just really, really annoy the offenders. Like what they did with Earthbound. Or just delete all saved data on the 3DS, rendering gone people's downloads, photos, music, friends list and anything else. Maybe change something so any game's loaded will lose save data and say, run at 20 times the normal speed. Or crash more often somehow.

I'm pretty sure they say this about most consoles. I think the Wii has something like this in the manual. And Pokemon Stadium 1/2 on the Nintendo 64 pretty much said the same thing, complete with 'technical measures'. Quote:

If you try to use Pokemon from your Game Boy Game Pak that were enhanced by a trick, code quirk or enhancement device, there is a strong possibility your Game Boy Pokemon data will be erased. It is also possible that such data will prevent you from proceeding through [game name].

They should do that for the 3DS. Forget trying to 'block' homebrew stuff and piracy, just really, really annoy the offenders. Like what they did with Earthbound. Or just delete all saved data on the 3DS, rendering gone people's downloads, photos, music, friends list and anything else. Maybe change something so any game's loaded will lose save data and say, run at 20 times the normal speed. Or crash more often somehow.
That's overkill. Nintendo purposely sabotaging its own products? There might be standing for a lawsuit there.

That's overkill. Nintendo purposely sabotaging its own products? There might be standing for a lawsuit there.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:
Overkill
Annoy as many gamers as possible

But seriously though, they kinda deserve it. But I can't really say that since I used AR on SM64DS.

it should make some mii guy come out of the 3ds and say really annoying stuff in 3d until the flashcart/ar/whatever is gone :3

I enjoy that the warning is in all caps. It is like Nintendo is yelling at you.
ohmy.gif
!

Nintendo doesn't make those. How old are you?
Old enough to know Nintendo makes Action Replay! WHEEEEEE!

And you're right Arcella, it does look like they're screaming at us. Although I think they've used capitals with warnings like that for a while, heh. Especially with that Wii wrist strap or something.

I just tried my M3iZero card on my new 3DS. There was no problem and all the games I have on it loaded and played as usual.

^ -_______-

I just tried my M3iZero card on my new 3DS. There was no problem and all the games I have on it loaded and played as usual.
You do realize updates WILL brick your system? Don't be surprised if your 3DS stops working for good the next time they release an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the system doesn't get bricked straight away. It logs your use of illegal software and then disables your 3DS with the next system update.

Back