Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

At Microsoft’s E3 press conference today, a new 2D fighting game was announced from Arc Systems and Bandai Namco based on the Dragonball series named Dragonball Fighter Z. It is due out in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and Steam.

I love Dragon Ball a lot, I gushed over it in another topic last night, but I really wish they would try something new for Dragon Ball Z games. I get it 1 on 1 Street Fight/Mortal Kombat games are perfect for this game, but I want a Dragon Ball Z game that's 3D open world. Imagine the possibilities. Starting from the ground up and training to be the best fighter, kinda like Goku in the original Dragon Ball, faces off against old and new foes. Not only that, but you can decide whether or not you find the dragon balls. At the start, if you find a dragon ball, cool you found one, but later on you meet Bulma who gives you a dragon radar. Then after you use the dragon balls, an in game timer starts so you can't get the dragon balls for a few hour signifying the year it takes for the dragon balls to be found again, in which time you train and further the plot. As for battles, it would be like the Legacy of Goku for the GBA where the camera is behind you and you fight multiple enemies at once with a hit bar, but you still have the chance to free explore or run away if the battle is too much.

Xenoverse tried something new, and it was great (besides the whole having to be online to grind), but really it was still a one on one fighting game. Same with Ultimate Tenkaichi. It was really close to what I wanted, but you just had to hover over a dragon ball space instead of seeing the dragon ball, and at it's core it was still a 1 on 1 fighting game.

Sorry for that large rant, but the game does look pretty good. It reminds me of Marvel vs. Capcom with it's 3 on 3, and after some more info, maybe I'll get it.

I'm a huge fan of Dragon Ball Z. And after watching the trailer, it looks great but I don't think I'll buy one. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, I'm hoping for a story mode, 3D game or a RPG kind of Dragonball game. But Dragonball Fighter Z is a 2D game like Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. No hate for 2D games, but I kind of outgrown that it and I'm currently into 3D games.

As someone who has been around for nearly every single Dragon Ball Z game, no matter how good or bad, there is no way I'm missing out on this. I like the return to the classic fighting game style, and the animations look absolutely jaw dropping. In some ways it reminds of Marvel vs Capcom 2 which can only mean good things. On the other hand, I kind of wish it had a different title. Dragon Ball Fighter Z just sounds weird to me, as I'm kind of inclined to say "Dragon Ball Z Fighter", which I mean still isn't a better title but I'm just so used to the Z being after Dragon Ball.

This game looks like a blast, I'll be grabbing it.

You mean a, "Raging Blast?" Ha. Haha. Ha. I'll show myself out now.

You mean a, "Raging Blast?" Ha. Haha. Ha. I'll show myself out now.

I mean this game certainly isn't a "legacy". :p
This looks really good. I know there will be more characters in the future. But the little details in the transformation of Goku make me smile. It looks exactly like the intro.

I guess they confirmed that the game is pronounced "dragon ball fighters", but put more of a "z" sound on fighters.

I haven't touched a DBA game since budokai 2 on the GC.

Yessss I can't wait for this game! It's about time we had it really, for the past few years most DBZ games were mainly focused on 3D, which was great, I have no problems with that, but I think with all those that have already come out, what we need is a fresh new approach for the next DBZ game! I was just playing Hyper DBZ when I heard of the rumors about this game and now that they have gameplays in youtube, I'm so hyped for it! All hail DBZ! I hope they have a really big roster just like BT3, and unlike Xenoverse where there wasn't even a Majin Vegeta.

Back