Nintendo is for sure doing that with their conferences via online Directs.
Yup and I think they were smart for doing that. I wasn't a big fan of it initially. I was like what no live conference? Then I realized that they cut out all the fluff and have a nice concise prerecorded video. Then they follow it up with live gameplay which we all want to see. I think they thought it out very well when they made the switch.

Yup and I think they were smart for doing that. I wasn't a big fan of it initially. I was like what no live conference? Then I realized that they cut out all the fluff and have a nice concise prerecorded video. Then they follow it up with live gameplay which we all want to see. I think they thought it out very well when they made the switch.
Basically they cut away the chaff/pomp and returned to the meat of what announcing games is all about.

While experiencing a live audience's reaction can be invaluable in gaining feedback for your product, it also means you have to spend out a lot on seating, organisation, etcetera.

Basically they cut away the chaff/pomp and returned to the meat of what announcing games is all about.

While experiencing a live audience's reaction can be invaluable in gaining feedback for your product, it also means you have to spend out a lot on seating, organisation, etcetera.

they have to be saving some money there.

Yeah, I can see how cost-effective this is for Nintendo. Still, I suppose their E3 display is a necessary, costly evil, if just for appearances sake/publicity/prestige.

Back