Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Anyone think this new store will finally put Steam in its place?

I feel Steam would still be more popular because people are used to Steam, and made a lot of friends on Steam.

If they can fix the problems that the store has right now then maybe. I know a lot of people aren't happy with the lack of basic features

but people have to go where the games are though.

Steam does have a lot games like most newer PC Games are publish on Steam.

I feel I rather pick Steam because there is less risk of Steam shutting down in a few years, or getting worse. I feel online game stores shutting down in the future is a huge concern for people who spent hundreds to thousands of dollars in PC games, and DLC.

I agree free games are very important. Dota 2, and Team Fortress 2 are popular free games on Steam.

I feel free trials for paid games would be nice as well.

Why do people hate Epic Games Store? Is it because of Fortnite? Or is it something else? For me, maybe it's because players weren't expecting a game to be released in EGS. I mean, nobody was relatively mad when EA and Ubisoft released their own games in their own stores. (Or are people just bandwagoning?)

Some people are unnecessarily angry about the exclusives. But I do believe the majority are angry because the games are exclusives on a platform that isn't good enough yet. The Epic Games Store lacks some basic features.

The Epic Games Store is not Epic enough yet lol

Read a Epic Game's strategy for exclusivity from PC Gamer, Epic amounts of money required for the store to be epic :

Epic Games paid more than $2 million to Phoenix Point developer Snapshot Games to secure a timed exclusive on its Epic Games Store.
ResetEra members worked out that to break even for investors, the game would have to generate sales of $588,235. To return at 191 per cent after Fig takes its own stake, the game would have to make $2,247,058—or $2.25m if you round it up. The discussion thread led to further questions about what other kind of "advances" Epic might have made with even bigger studios and established franchises to secure EGS exclusivity...

sounds like Steam needs to step up to the plate.
Yes the store wars is epic-ly on and gets hotter, Gaben vs Sweeney, read on Epic Game Sweeney's comments on his twitter:

Tim Sweeney on Twitter

“If Steam committed to a permanent 88% revenue share for all developers and publishers without major strings attached, Epic would hastily organize a retreat from exclusives (while honoring our partner commitments) and consider putting our own games on Steam,”

"Why did Activision, EA, and UbiSoft break away and build their own stores from scratch? Because it’s way more profitable to sell their games that way than to give 30% to a store."

"30% is an enormous markup. When a grocery store sells an Amazon or iTunes or Steam card, their markup is maybe 10% to 15%. That’s for a physical retail store with shelves continually stocked by workers."

Last edited:
Just read, Epic games store will block yer account if you buy too many stuff too quickly lol.

Nick Chester from Epic PR , “This was a result of our aggressive fraud rules,” and that “If players run into this issue, they should contact player support so we can investigate.”

D6sd3VtW4AEbIMV.jpg

I think it's hard to take Steam place by Epic games store since many of the users just play fortnite at Epics store.

Back