Favourite free MMORPG

TIlenM

Credits
So I've recently decided to go back to MMORPGs to see if the genre is really as dead as people are saying. So for starters I would like to get some opinions on your favourite FREE MMORPG(s) to make things easier for me to pick. Thanks! ^^

I wouldn't suggest it but I would maybe try it out to see what it is like - Runescape. I remember how good it used to be but I don't think it is as popular anymore

I wouldn't suggest it but I would maybe try it out to see what it is like - Runescape. I remember how good it used to be but I don't think it is as popular anymore
Man that game is old, but if I'm not mistaken they have modified it lately? I remember my schoolmates playing this game lik 9 years ago lol.

Looks like it has been updated quite a lot. Not sure how the gameplay differs. I remember coming home from school, going on MSN and then going on Runescape with my friends (about 10 years ago). Good old days :grin:

Looks like it has been updated quite a lot. Not sure how the gameplay differs. I remember coming home from school, going on MSN and then going on Runescape with my friends (about 10 years ago). Good old days :grin:
Exactly how I remember it lol! Thanks for the suggestion. :grin:

The only MMORPG I've ever liked was Pirates of the Caribbean Online. Though, it was only free up until a certain quest. You could still play, but you could never finish the story.

Actually I would have to agree with Runescape as well. I went back and checked it out not too long ago, and they have updated it quite a lot. However, I actually didn't go back for the updated version. They have Old School servers now that let you play it the way it was back in the good old days, and I still go on now and again to get a dose of nostalgia. I think even the old one still holds up.

I don't touch "free" online games these days. You just know there's a paid aspect to that which makes the game easier or at least unfair for paid vs free users. It's just a frustrating hole to get stuck on, and I'd rather play my own games in single player than try and make nice with people who think paying for a free game would make them superior to others.

Back