Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Looking goood! Hyped!

Last edited:
Naoki Yoshida, Final Fantasy XVI Producer

Final Fantasy XVI producer (that’s right, just producer) Naoki Yoshida here. How did you enjoy the trailer? The exclusive footage, comprised of both battles and cutscenes running in real-time, represents but a fraction of what our team has accomplished since the start of development on this, an all-new Final Fantasy game. In that span, the team’s size has grown from a handful of core members to a full-fledged unit that continues to polish and build upon what they have created so far, all to provide players an experience unmatched in terms of story and gameplay.

Our next big information reveal is scheduled for 2021, so in the meantime, I expect everyone to have fun speculating, as we have a lot in store—not only for Final Fantasy XVI, but for Final Fantasy XIV, too. Needless to say, I’ll be working hard on both!

Hiroshi Takai, Final Fantasy XVI Director

When Final Fantasy I was released, I was just another player─a young student with big dreams. By the time Final Fantasy V was in the works, I had earned myself a seat at the developers’ table… albeit at the very end. From there, I moved “online” leaving my mark on both Final Fantasy XI and XIV.

And now… XVI.

From the establishment of an all new development environment, to learning the ins-and-outs of the PlayStation 5, the team and I have taken on countless challenges during our journey to bring you the sixteenth chapter in the storied Final Fantasy franchise. And though we’re pouring our hearts and souls into this project each and every day, it may still be some time before we can get it into your hands. However, I promise it will be worth the wait!

Hero's Chocobo looks badass lol:
i7Edbk6.jpg

This trailer nearly made me late for work today :p

Worth it though, looks like a return to form for the series, I'm excited for it! If, SE doesn't announce a screw up between now and *insert release date here*.

Indeed. And the fact that the guy in charge is the same guy that fixed FF 14 so should be good indeed. He is not Nomura lol and he is on schedule enough with FF 14 so hopefully no screw-ups like FF-15...

Indeed. And the fact that the guy in charge is the same guy that fixed FF 14 so should be good indeed. He is not Nomura lol and he is on schedule enough with FF 14 so hopefully no screw-ups like FF-15...

a bit worried he has to balance both 14 and 16, but hopefully it looks all good. Still, I'm surprised this got announced, I would think everyone at SE be tied up with FF 14, FF 7 remake, bravely default 2 and the avengers game.

a bit worried he has to balance both 14 and 16, but hopefully it looks all good. Still, I'm surprised this got announced, I would think everyone at SE be tied up with FF 14, FF 7 remake, bravely default 2 and the avengers game.

True enough. Though they do have multiple teams/divisions so with better/good management they should be able to tackle multiple projects at once.

Sooo do you think the female maid at 1:00 is going to be a playable character/party member? Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith

Looks like there will be a lot of Maids in FF 16 lol need to call Sharon:
YtyvVHR.jpg

Shiva's hand is too manly imo:
snZCkHs.png

Update: he corrected the tweet:

"* Issuing a correction to the second tweet in the thread. I said that FFXVI was a 2021 game, but looks like they just said more information in 2021. Apologies for the mistake. Point still stands that most of what Sony has shown is planned for release in year 1."

Read this tweet, hmm, wonder if the game will really be released next year...

Last edited:
True enough. Though they do have multiple teams/divisions so with better/good management they should be able to tackle multiple projects at once.

forgot to mention all the KH projects as well.

Sooo do you think the female maid at 1:00 is going to be a playable character/party member? Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith

Like your image points out, which maid? :p

Update: he corrected the tweet:

"* Issuing a correction to the second tweet in the thread. I said that FFXVI was a 2021 game, but looks like they just said more information in 2021. Apologies for the mistake. Point still stands that most of what Sony has shown is planned for release in year 1."

Read this tweet, hmm, wonder if the game will really be released next year...

Didn't think this drop in 2021, 2022 game though?

Like your image points out, which maid? :p

Didn't think this drop in 2021, 2022 game though?

This maid lol
spb9THg.png

Yes 2022 is a more likely scenario.

Read this fan prediction on the story:

My prediction, the MC comes from the nation with the fire crystal with the Eikon of fire, Phoenix. The fire nation is allies with the ice nation and the girl pointed out is the Dominant for Shiva. The earth nation attacks the fire nation in an attempt to consolidate power to fight whatever this "blight" is like maybe some dark monsters awakening.

Joshua loses control of his power and becomes the Phoenix but an unknown Eikon of fire, Ifrit, appears and kills Joshua. The main character's target of revenge would be Ifrit and his Dominant. The MC is captured by the earth nation and enslaved with a magic branding which is the tattoo on his face.

Time skip to the beginning of the trailer of Titan fighting Shiva. The MC will somehow join forces with Shiva's Dominant and she will be your 1st or 2nd party member. Then the quest for revenge against Ifrit, fighting the earth nation, and the "blight" begins.

As far as the MC's powers, like others said, he probably forms pacts with the Eikons to use their powers or maybe he is somehow "special." I'm curious how may Eikons will be in the game and how may you'll form pacts with like Ramuh. Not sure how Bahamut will work in being a non-elemental summon. Maybe some Eikons don't need crystals.

Probably back in around 2017/2018 during an interview Yoshida hinted that he’d love to work on Final Fantasy 16, calling it "ideal."

Back