PlayStation Final Fantasy 16 News

Read from the net, the lead writer of the game is Kazutoyo Maehiro, he worked on Vagrant Story, Event Planner for Final FantasyTactics, and worked on FF 12. And like the producer a Matsuno fan, so story should be good judging by this. Though it's too bad Ito is not in this though.

Read more fan predictions:

• Joshua is the Dominant for the Eikon of Phoenix
  • The main character is a member of the royal guard that protects him, but born from commoner status
  • Joshua's identity as the Dominant is kept secret until an inciting moment (hence why he's not allowed outside by his mother). When this is made known, a traitor within the Archduchy leads an invasion by this unknown empire into the Archduchy
  • The imperial forces target Joshua specifically. Joshua, traumatized by the death and destruction around him, unwittingly transforms into Phoenix. Either the traitor, or another imperial, is the Dominant of Ifrit and transforms into said Eikon
  • Ifrit's Dominant kills Joshua (as Phoenix)
  • Main character is one of the few survivors of this attack on the Archduchy and is forcibly conscripted into the empire
  • Time skip to several years later where the main character and the other men with the facial tattoos are sent by the empire to find (and kill?) the Dominant of Shiva
  • This mission to find & kill Shiva's Dominant goes awry (as we see they're engaged in battle with the Dominant of Titan) and the main character is able to escape this conscripted group of assassins - and possibly saves Shiva's Dominant?
  • The game becomes a quest for vengeance against the Empire, and specifically, Joshua's killer - the Dominant of Ifrit
  • Throughout the course of the game, the main character receives a transference of power? Or a sliver of power? from the Dominants of other Eikons? Maybe these + the main character are the "main party" of this Final Fantasy???

Saw a video highlighting the differences between the Japanese trailer and the English one:

Read another fan theory:

I still think Ifrit is actually someone else. The entire thing most likely a plot orchestrated by someone from the inside to strip the archduke's family from power.

The battle between Phoenix and Ifrit will destroy the whole village, killing any witnesses and causing everyone else in the kingdom to blame Joshua because they don't know the existence of another fire Eikon. Joshua then get executed, and the whole household --- MC and white haired girl among them, get stripped of their title. Few years later, MC become a mercenary/slave and while white haired girl aka Shiva become a leader of some sort of resistance(?) against the new governing body (most likely involved in the plot). Then they finally met, MC learn the truth from Shiva and their tale of revenge begins.

the trailer isn't worth obsessing I mean. Or Jason is working his usual game delay spell on it.

Indeed, Jason's game delay spell is really troublesome lol

Trailer needs more PLOT lol

Read an update from gematsu:

Square Enix will launch a teaser website for Final Fantasy XVI in late October with information on the game’s world and characters, producer Naoki Yoshida said during the “Yoshi-P Sanpo” program at Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online.

Yoshida also commented on the game’s announcement trailer. He said, “I didn’t want the trailer to be just a rendered cutscene and bam! logo!… I wanted to use resources that were moving in-game, in real-time, but the timing wasn’t the best for it. We haven’t tuned it or optimized it yet, so it was a lot of work to be done. But if we released a pre-rendered trailer, they would say, ‘Alright, see you in 2035!’ or something. I’ve seen those kind of comments from America. So we really wanted to show something that was actually in-game. We haven’t shown the highlights of the game in this trailer, so that will come later when we make it properly.”

Read an update from gematsu:

Square Enix will launch a teaser website for Final Fantasy XVI in late October with information on the game’s world and characters, producer Naoki Yoshida said during the “Yoshi-P Sanpo” program at Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online.

Yoshida also commented on the game’s announcement trailer. He said, “I didn’t want the trailer to be just a rendered cutscene and bam! logo!… I wanted to use resources that were moving in-game, in real-time, but the timing wasn’t the best for it. We haven’t tuned it or optimized it yet, so it was a lot of work to be done. But if we released a pre-rendered trailer, they would say, ‘Alright, see you in 2035!’ or something. I’ve seen those kind of comments from America. So we really wanted to show something that was actually in-game. We haven’t shown the highlights of the game in this trailer, so that will come later when we make it properly.”

sounds like they have a good plan for this game.

Back