Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read some stuff, translated by Gematsu from Famitsu:

Tetsuya Nomura (Director)

• “I fully understand the importance of releasing a continuation soon. We want to deliver as quick as possible. We’ve grasped where the level of quality should be this time too.”
  • “For the next game, we plan to release something with even greater quality and even more enjoyable than the first game, as quickly as possible.”
  • “When we announce the next game, we hope to also make our future plans clear.”
  • Regarding Jessie’s popularity: “I never imagined she would be this popular.”
  • “As for the hand massages [in Wall Market], if we did anything risky in that town, the rating would have most likely gone up, so that was probably the most we could do.”
  • “The Whispers could be seen because you made contact with Aerith.
    How long was Aerith able to see them? That’s a question that I cannot yet answer.”
Yoshinori Kitase (Producer)

• “The story of a new Final Fantasy VII is only just beginning.”
Naoki Hamaguchi (Co-Director)

• “Development on the next game has already begun and we’re hard at work. You’ll be waiting a little while, but please look forward to it.”
  • “Feedback from fans who want to use Classic Mode at Normal difficulty will be kept in mind for the future.”
Motomu Toriyama (Co-Director)

• “Roche was going to appear in the last battle, but it ruined the serious tone, so we got rid of it. We had the idea for a battle in the slums in Chapter 14, but gave up on that as there are no roads to ride motorcycles in the slums. He’s a character that leaves a huge impression from first sight, so his chances of coming back in the sequel is high.”
  • “AVALANCHE’s hideout was removed to create a greater sense of distance between AVALANCHE and Cloud.”
Nobuo Uematsu (Composer)

• “’Hollow’ is the first song I made while playing guitar.”
Kazushige Nojima (Scenario)

• “The Final Fantasy series is a series that continues to challenge and change. And Final Fantasy VII Remake is no exception.”
Makoto Ise (Sound Director)

• “Doing the voice work for several languages at once (for a worldwide simultaneous release) was hell in the final stages of development. Between us, we just made it before the deadline.”
Keiji Kawamori (Music Supervisor)

• “(Although we had the idea of going silent and background music-free to invoke a sense of realism,) we decided to have constant sound like the original Final Fantasy VII.”

I have spoiled myself a bit on this, to the point that your spoiler makes no sense as the Turks should be able to see the whispers as well.

I think because they haven't done anything or will not do stuff that could change the course of history or events that should be happening, unlike Cloud and co. or Hojo and Sephiroth or boi Rufus. In any event the Whispers stuff is just their way of adding some "surprises" to the story or some red herrings imo.

Last edited:
Kitase just said this:

Yoshinori Kitase

Keywords for 2021: “The story will connect…”

What’s New: “Future Final Fantasy VII developments are in preparation. But please wait a little while longer for details.”

Hyped for this, the moment the world opened up in FFVII is one of my favorite gaming moments of all time

Reactions: cm2
Hyped for this, the moment the world opened up in FFVII is one of my favorite gaming moments of all time
So what do you think on the Part 1 of the remake?

So what do you think on the Part 1 of the remake?
Thought there was wayyy too much padding/filler but on the whole I'm glad it's a re-imagining as opposed to the game same game with a re-skin ala Demon's Souls PS5

FF7 Remake Director just posted this on PsBlog, comparing it to Horizon: Forbidden West:

“In the sense that the next title is expected to evolve even further, Final Fantasy VII Remake, which I’m in charge of is expected to do so the same way. For that I have a personal affinity for Horizon (laughs). As a fan, I’m very much looking forward to Horizon: Forbidden West.”
Naoki Hamaguchi, Director, Square Enix – Final Fantasy VII Remake

Nomura just said this, translated by Gematsu from Famitsu:

Final Fantasy VII Remake part one co-director will be the sole director on the next part of Final Fantasy VII Remake, co-director Tetsuya Nomura told Famitsu in a newly published interview.

“Today, we announced three Final Fantasy VII titles, but as I mentioned earlier, I’m personally working on more projects now than ever before,” Nomura said. “Since we were able to solidify the base gameplay in the first part of Final Fantasy VII Remake and are able to see what we need to improve upon in the future, Naoki Hamaguchi (co-director on Final Fantasy VII Remake) will be entrusted as the director on the next part, while I’ll be involved as the creative director on all things Final Fantasy VII, including the Remake and mobile titles. My basic involvement in the work won’t significantly change, so please give me your continued support.”

Nomura just said this:

“Development is moving forward quite well. I’d like to perhaps make a proper announcement when the timing is right, but Cloud is running through mother nature. You’ll be able to enjoy a somewhat different atmosphere from the first game… Well, things are progressing nicely, so please wait for it. The next game starts directly after Intergrade, so I hope you will also get to play Intergrade.”

Nomura just said this:

“Development is moving forward quite well. I’d like to perhaps make a proper announcement when the timing is right, but Cloud is running through mother nature. You’ll be able to enjoy a somewhat different atmosphere from the first game… Well, things are progressing nicely, so please wait for it. The next game starts directly after Intergrade, so I hope you will also get to play Intergrade.”

so he admits to the PS5 shortage :p

Kitase promised they will reveal more on Tifa's PLOT II this year Niiiice!

“And as for the Final Fantasy VII Remake news you’ve been waiting on, I think I’ll be able to share more this year… maybe…” Kitase said.

Final Fantasy VII Remake project creative director Tetsuya Nomura then interrupted. “You should probably be more clear,” he said jokingly.

Kitase continued, “Alright then, now that the 25th anniversary has begun, I’d like to get the Final Fantasy VII excitement going with everyone over the next year, and so I hope to share more news this year, so please look forward to it.”

Back