Fortnite Lagging

Jerrar

Full GL Member
Credits
As with most online games, even in Fortnite LAG is a naturally occuring phenomenon that plagues all gamers. But lag is not always due to network issues, sometimes lag has to do with the hardware of your rig and/or the software. So before you can solve Fortnite lag, you need to diagnose whats causing the high ping in the first place.

Visit the official Fortnite website to check the recommended system requirements, and make sure that you meet both hardware and software requirements.

Make sure you are connected via ethernet cable and not wifi. I know this is a small thing and shouldn't matter in this day and age, but, trust me it helps with ping.

You can try to change your matchmaking region so you get better ping.

If this doesn't help, here you can read up on more workarounds for Fortnite lag including network related issues.

It never fails, you will always get a match with someone who has crappy internet, killing it for everyone.

It never fails, you will always get a match with someone who has crappy internet, killing it for everyone.
That's the worse situation to be in because you can't do anything about it.

Yep, having other teammates who are lagging is very bad. I play CS:GO mainly and sometimes I get a laggy team.

I only play Fortnite on my PS4 (keyboard & mouse of course), so performance issues doesn't happen here xD Ping issues are also pretty rare.

The one thing that bugs me is the kids playing with voice chat and talking with friends/family in match. Some have super loud music that make it hard to hear stuff in the game. Cant hear people running around you, or gunshots that are sorta far.

I only play Fortnite on my PS4 (keyboard & mouse of course), so performance issues doesn't happen here xD Ping issues are also pretty rare.

The one thing that bugs me is the kids playing with voice chat and talking with friends/family in match. Some have super loud music that make it hard to hear stuff in the game. Cant hear people running around you, or gunshots that are sorta far.

mute all is your friend.

I don't know if you can mute specific players. When I'm in squads I'm usually with friends chatting on Discord because in-game chat is sometimes buggy. Does mean we ignore the poor sap who isn't in our group. :p

I haven't had too many lag problems because I usually play on Oceanic servers. But then again any ping less than 300 is a great day when you're from Australia.

I don't know if you can mute specific players. When I'm in squads I'm usually with friends chatting on Discord because in-game chat is sometimes buggy. Does mean we ignore the poor sap who isn't in our group. :p

I haven't had too many lag problems because I usually play on Oceanic servers. But then again any ping less than 300 is a great day when you're from Australia.
I feel your pain fantanoice

Aye 300 is my average here on NA servers. I can deal with it mostly in MMOs, sometimes by picking classes that do fine with a bad ping (Cabalist in ArcheAge), but in others some content are just impossible. Boss raids in FFXIV for example. I take damage before the AoE areas even show up, and I've had cases where my character only starts casting a spell 2 whole seconds after I trigger it.

true, but 9 out of 10 times it's mostly people cursing endlessly.

I wanna try being the annoying dude cursing and playing music one of these days >..> Most likely weeb music.

Back