Fox News declares video games dead!

I agree with Fox News about everything politics, but when it comes to video games everything they say is a load of bull. I mean they're right about everything else, but they know nothing about video games.

You do????!!!! Fo real? You think that Obama is a musilim terrorist that is trying to enslave the white population and turn the white house black? Cuz that's what FOX says. they also say Bush was one of the smartest and greatest presidents of all time. I could go on for days. Please, if you Do listen to FOX, don't call it news
I do hate Obama and I do think that Bush was a great president. I grew up watching FOX News.

I agree with Fox News about everything politics, but when it comes to video games everything they say is a load of bull. I mean they're right about everything else, but they know nothing about video games.
ohmy.gif
... Uhh, DYL, you do know we're talking about FOX News right? Not the news done by Foxes (Foxen?), you're welcome. Do not say that you actually meant FOX News otherwise you will be destroyed.
Also I do know we're talking about FOX News. I agree on it with anything, but video games.

jaw-drop.jpg
ignorance123.jpg
fox-news-just-lies.jpg
fox-news-bullshit.jpg

You do????!!!! Fo real? You think that Obama is a musilim terrorist that is trying to enslave the white population and turn the white house black? Cuz that's what FOX says. they also say Bush was one of the smartest and greatest presidents of all time. I could go on for days. Please, if you Do listen to FOX, don't call it news
I do hate Obama and I do think that Bush was a great president. I grew up watching FOX News.

ohmy.gif
... Uhh, DYL, you do know we're talking about FOX News right? Not the news done by Foxes (Foxen?), you're welcome. Do not say that you actually meant FOX News otherwise you will be destroyed.
Also I do know we're talking about FOX News. I agree on it with anything, but video games.

I gave you your chance, let the flaming commence.
Why? What's wrong with FOX news? It's not better than CNN where all the democrats fill every ones heads with utter bull crap.

Seriously don't rag on FOX News. At least it's full of Democrats being like, "Oh Bush is bad," and "Everything is Bush's fault," when Bush was a great president. Also Obama is a horrible president and you can't say he is. He's done nothing good for this country yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohmy.gif

Why? What's wrong with FOX news? It's not better than CNN where all the democrats fill every ones heads with utter bull crap.

Seriously don't rag on FOX News. At least it's full of Democrats being like, "Oh Bush is bad," and "Everything is Bush's fault," when Bush was a great president. Also Obama is a horrible president and you can't say he is. He's done nothing good for this country yet.
Bush was not as bad as people try to make him out to be, but that's because every president has been the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong.
Obama is not a bad president either, in fact, he's been trying to do a lot of great things for the country. But the one thing that's completely horrible about our politics is that, everytime Obama tried to pass something, ALL the republicans except for a few good guys will just say, oh, He's a Democrat? NOPE, DENY. He can't even do anything at that point, in fact, the Republicans publically admitted that if the democrats don't pass ONE specific thing for them, they'll vote down everything. You know what they did? They voted it all down.

Obama has tried great things. Free medical care is incredibly important. People who don't have insurance go into severe debt when they need important surgeries, and even people with insurance are in trouble because the insurance rarely covers everything.

He tried to give us more equality with cancelling don't ask don't tell, and also pushed for allowing gay marriage.

He pulled out a lot of troops from the war, allowing them to finally see their families.

I don't see what's so wrong here.
The only thing bad about Obama is that the things he has tried to pass, he needed to push even harder.

Oh you're trolling, my bad.
Technically we ARE on topic.

Well, either way, I don't want a huge pointed hot debate. We don't need that here.
Well we USED to have a debate section, but regardless, I don't see whats wrong with debating. I don't understand why people seem to assume a flamewar is going to erupt from any slight disagreement.

TOPIC TITLE = FOX NEWS DECLARES VIDEO GAMES DEAD.

TOPIC TITLE =/= FOX NEWS IS CRAP.

I'll throw combustible lemons at everyone's faces soon enough.

TOPIC TITLE = FOX NEWS DECLARES VIDEO GAMES DEAD.

TOPIC TITLE =/= FOX NEWS IS CRAP.

I'll throw combustible lemons at everyone's faces soon enough.
Fox news is crap, video games are alive. /thread

I don't know where they get this information but the gaming industry is expected to GROW a LOT. More jobs, more studios, more games. Indie developers are even getting a better chance with help of Valve, which puts some of their games on Steam for sale. Steam has employed indie developers multiple times and they, along with a few other great developers, have a lot of respect for indies.

The video game industry will not be destroyed. People like the creators of 'Angry Birds' are deluded if they think mobile games will defeat full developed games.
The reason mobile games are so popular is because so many people have access for them. Smart phones are incredibly popular and people have always used phones as an easy mode of entertainment. People of all ages have phones and download games without much consequence because they're usually a dollar. Because the games are so cheap and available, they are very popular. This is where the problem starts. Don't be deceived, popularity can not guarantee quality. Lots of people buy games on phones for the same price almost always. Some are good, some are terrible. But either way, lots of people bought it and played it. If it IS good, more people will hear about it and more people will play it, but either way, lots of people still played them.

Lots of people play video games on consoles, these games take years of development and tons of money and because of the costs of it, they need to set a much higher price. So now, the access is limited to those who have the specific platform, and if the people who have played it will recommend it and there are good reviews. Because the game has a higher price, people do not want to waste money on bad games. Now, quality of the game matters tenfold because if it's not good, no one will want to buy it and the gap between the popularity of good games and bad games is much higher. With this price, the expectations have to be much higher for the quality, and if the quality is delivered, the game will be a success.

Lets re-cap. Nobody gives a shit about a dollar, will buy any crap on the appstore.
People care about 60 dollars, will be much more careful, and games have to be up to a much higher standard.
Today's video games need to be well made to be successful. The app market doesn't have such a high quality standard, but there ARE good developers still there. There ARE very good games that are full on the appstore, but the majority not so much. I praise the app market because they have made some very entertaining games, but are they going to ruin the video game market, no way. They are of complete different qualities and complexities.

Hello. I am a NintenDan. I do not approve of flaming. If anybody's caught flaming, I'll set their house and loved ones on fire. Then we'll see who's flaming.
lmao this deserves a best post ever award
giggle.gif

Also the article was one of the biggest loads of bul**** ive evr seen. Those fools oughta be thrown in here as punishment for being too stupid
tongue.gif

5598254171_7eee881a06_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back