Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Tonight at Nintendo's Direct dedicated to their console and handheld hybrid, they gave the full break down on their console and if you happen to buy one you will get the following:

full

The console itself (first box), the controllers which are called Joy Con(s), the tv docking port for the console, the docking port handles (bottom left box), Joy Con straps, AC power adapter and a HDMI cable to hook up to your TV.

The Nintendo Switch is due out March 3rd 2017 for most regions at a cost of $300 USD and pre-orders are available now, which if you've been paying attention to the NES mini you might want to pre-order while you can if you want to play it on day one or anytime soon for reasonable cost.

So some good news and bad news, starting with the good news the Switch will be region free! Meaning you can import and play Japanese games, the Switch will also launch in two different colors which both cost the same.

full

The bad news, Nintendo will be chargigng for online services though this won't start till later in the year. No details yet on what online will cost but here is a sneak peak at its benefits:

full

Please note the middle where it says "SNES game for free for a month" might be more related to steam's free games unlike Sony's get and keep way.

To keep the bad news ball rolling, the Switch accessories or extra parts will NOT be cheap in the slightest.

full

A pair of Joy-Con controllers (top left) will be $80 USD, the Pro Controller (top right) is $70 USD, half a Joy-Con (you are able to buy L or R sides individually) will be $50 USD, and a spare dock will be $90 USD. The charging cradle for the Joy Cons will be $30 USD.

Finally here is a break down on the Joy Con:

full

Well that's all of it, what do you think?

Last edited:
The Switch reminds me of older Google Android gaming tablets like the Wikipad.

It looks like the AC power adapter does not have a removable charging cable like other tablet and smartphone USB chargers. Not having a removable cable can be a problem if you need a longer AC power cable, or your cable got damaged, and needs to be replaced.

It is disappointing that you have to pay to use online services.

The Switch reminds me of older Google Android gaming tablets like the Wikipad.

It looks like the AC power adapter does not have a removable charging cable like other tablet and smartphone USB chargers. Not having a removable cable can be a problem if you need a longer AC power cable, or your cable got damaged, and needs to be replaced.

It is disappointing that you have to pay to use online services.
I think they want to try and make a competitive leap into the "console war". We all know the big players have always been Playstation and Xbox, with Nintendo sitting comfortably on the sidelines dominating in the handheld and family markets. Since online play has almost become a necessity with newer consoles, I think they want to try and get in on that as well. Time will only tell if the games and network will be up to par though.

I think they want to try and make a competitive leap into the "console war". We all know the big players have always been Playstation and Xbox, with Nintendo sitting comfortably on the sidelines dominating in the handheld and family markets. Since online play has almost become a necessity with newer consoles, I think they want to try and get in on that as well. Time will only tell if the games and network will be up to par though.

the fact they will be charging for online hopefully means they brought in a few experts to fix everything and do it right.

The controllers seem to be very good to use. I don't find the stuff excessively expensive for what they are. It's a little odd that they chose blue and red and such bright colors. lol

It's a little bit of a bother than the system doesn't come with a game and that there are not many games that will be out on release.

The controllers seem to be very good to use. I don't find the stuff excessively expensive for what they are. It's a little odd that they chose blue and red and such bright colors. lol

It's a little bit of a bother than the system doesn't come with a game and that there are not many games that will be out on release.

A controller should not cost more than a game.

A controller should not cost more than a game.

HAHA, what's with you!!! Has nintendo hurt your feelings and you are revolting. I thought you were an insane nintendo fan who could never be caught spitting disrespect for the company. Now you are all mad about the switch.

HAHA, what's with you!!! Has nintendo hurt your feelings and you are revolting. I thought you were an insane nintendo fan who could never be caught spitting disrespect for the company. Now you are all mad about the switch.

I think you have me confused with someone else, I've honestly been sicken with Nintendo for the last few years. And my controller statement goes to all companies besides that.

the fact they will be charging for online hopefully means they brought in a few experts to fix everything and do it right.

Hopefully, there would be a free trial like 30 days free for new Switch owners to use, so they can see if paying for online services is worth it before having to pay for it. Paying for online services which are not good without a free trial of 30 days or less may make some people not try online services for the Switch.

Back