Future of the Arcade

The trouble is that Flash has been in use for so long, has been the de facto method of creating browser-based games (looking at Newgrounds and Miniclip as examples), that even with it being forcibly phased out by modern browsers, it will still take years for HTML-5 games to reach the same type of saturation.

That means HTML-5 games are slim-pickings in quantity and quality. and will be for a few years, methinks.

without a doubt you are right, so whatever is made still has to run flash as well just so we can draw upon past catalogs.

A Google search brought me here too, sadly XF Arcade never got developed any further after Kevin sold/moved the rights on to XFRocks. I'd have loved to have been able to develop some add-ons for it but I'm not programmer, I've changed the layout and style vastly but that's about my limits in "expertise".

I know there are versions of ibProArcade for both vBulletin and IPB that are now running html5 games that allow scores to be saved and there are numerous sites offering html5 games for download. I'm guessing it is just some simple modifications to the php files to accommodate for the the scoring and it wouldn't take much to apply to the XF arcade files - but again, I'm no programmer.

My other option, like kylek, was to install MyArcadePlugin and uses a Wordpress bridge. I looked at this briefly a few years ago and it did actually work so I know it is doable.

A Google search brought me here too, sadly XF Arcade never got developed any further after Kevin sold/moved the rights on to XFRocks. I'd have loved to have been able to develop some add-ons for it but I'm not programmer, I've changed the layout and style vastly but that's about my limits in "expertise".

I know there are versions of ibProArcade for both vBulletin and IPB that are now running html5 games that allow scores to be saved and there are numerous sites offering html5 games for download. I'm guessing it is just some simple modifications to the php files to accommodate for the the scoring and it wouldn't take much to apply to the XF arcade files - but again, I'm no programmer.

My other option, like kylek, was to install MyArcadePlugin and uses a Wordpress bridge. I looked at this briefly a few years ago and it did actually work so I know it is doable.

once more happy that my post is guiding people to this issue. I'll look into the bridgeing.

I've used a WordPress bridge before. They're decent when they work well, but my experience is that said plugins tend to have a lot of issues. Like, with cookies and logging you in/out properly.

But I'll try and help out here if possible.

Back