Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
You've heard of flops, a.k.a floating point operations per second, before in video game circles. Who can forget the riveting moment in former Sony exec Ken Kutaragi's 2005 E3 PS3 presentation when he talked about how many gigaflops the system's processors would be capable of? Boring tech presentations aside, flops are great indicators of computing power. Today's consoles sit in the gigaflop range but, according to Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang, they'll get exponentially more powerful in less than a decade.

PCWorld has the exec saying speeds of 41.5 teraflops will be attainable by 2019. Today, it takes a specially built, energy-intensive supercomputer to achieve that but these proposed future machines will run off standard 100-watt power grid. What does that mean in terms of performance? Well, real-time graphics in future consoles will look as good as the best pre-rendered cutscenes in today's games. And that's just for starters. So, 2019 can't get here soon enough.

source

so in 2019, no more loading screens?

But then again with those Big games coming till' 2019 they would require some serious power!

Sounds good, I hope the gameplay and plot for the storyline also be just as nice.

Yahoo predicts game consoles will be built-in to TVs, and other devices in 2020, so we won't have a need to buy game consoles in the future in 2020, and current consoles are currently struggling, and might struggle more in the future because of more options like Tablets, PC, smart phones, laptops, and other all in one devices which does a lot a things, and also supports gaming.

If computers also become this powerful at an affordable price which is about the same, or cheaper then game consoles then it might be difficult for some consumers to pick the right console for them, so they might as well just buy a very powerful all-in-one computer which can play HD games, do homework, office work, video editing, and other tasks.

Video Game Consoles

Popular video game systems such as the Wii, PlayStation and Xbox may still be in homes next decade, but they will look much different. Rather than buy a separate console, Enderle expects that consumers will instead buy smart televisions with a gaming system built into it, not to mention tablets and smartphones that will continue to ramp up their gaming options.

“It looks like analog game systems won’t make it until the end of the decade,” Enderle says. “You are already seeing the Wii have a tough time holding on to the market and PlayStation has been struggling for a while.”

The gaming systems that will succeed in the future will be those that manage to move away from being focused solely on video games and more on other entertainment options such as movies, evolving from a traditional game console into more of a set-top box.

http://shopping.yaho...-around-in-2020

yeah I read that and lot a load of crock.

Game systems tend to wear out, even faster then tvs. So what happens if the game system needs to be fixed? Ship out your whole tv or buy a whole new set up? It would only cost and make things worse for consumers.

Hm, a TV console? Good idea in theory, but like DS said, I wouldn't want that to happen. And DS, TV's break faster now a days, unless you don't take care of your consoles. I still have my PS2 from 2005.

Electronics Companies might make it possible for you to just take out the old console and push in a cartridge which contains the console into a TV console slot like laptop docks for the Motorola Atrix smart phone dock which turns the phone into a Laptop.

This would mean the consumer won't have to buy HDMI cables, plug in a power adapter into their console to use it, or set up Wireless internet if the TV already has Wi-fi internet built-in since it all automatically connects when the console is docked onto the V.C.

There will most likely still be consoles for people who still own older TVs, and prefer their consoles separate from their TV. But, it probably be more expensive buying a console and new TV separately if you do not own a TV or console compared to buying a console with a built-in TV since it usually is more expensive to buy stuff separately in many cases.

Maybe in the future TVs be super fast and cost reasonably will also playback games a long with HD video without the need for a separate devices, and all you need to do is buy a Disc drive for it to playback games like how you can plug in a USB Disc drive to a computer which is powerful enough to playback games on.

Electronics in the future will be self-healing, so they can fix themselves according to articles and videos I read online. They would be smart-enough to fix themselves. It is just too expensive to make self-healing electronics, so they last longer.

http://www.technolog...component-life/

I want two consoles to be a laptop. My 360, and a backwards compatible PS3. That would be amazing.

Back