Gaming on $200 Windows 10 laptop better than $200 Windows 10 tablet?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I prefer using a $200 Windows laptop like a netbook to play games on because netbooks have more USB ports, so I can easily plug-in a USB hard drive, keyboard and mouse, controller, and other USB accessories. I also prefer gaming with a keyboard on a laptop instead of using a touchscreen. Most Netbooks usually have a full size SD card slot instead of MicroSD card slot like a tablet. Regular size SD cards are generally cheaper to buy.

The performance is usually better on Netbooks with a newer Intel Celeron chip, or similar AMD chip. But, AMD chips may have slightly better graphics performance because AMD/ATI Radeon graphics is generally faster than Intel HD graphics.

Most Windows netbooks also has a cooling fan, so Netbooks can operate at faster speeds without overheating and needing to throttle down the CPU and video card. It is also easy to use a USB laptop cooling fan pad to cool a netbook down more to prevent overheating and slowdown problems caused by the CPU throttling down when it gets too hot.

A cheaper Windows tablet which is has no cooling fan, and throttle down the CPU when the CPU and video chips gets too how,

The battery life may also be better because netbooks can hold a bigger battery.

A lot of $200-250 netbooks now has a 11-14 inch screen size, so the screen is bigger than most tablets which cost $200.

tablets are nice, but they greatly lack a lot of netbook/laptop features. I could never be happy with one.

Laptops yeah!! but I rather spend $2000 for an gaming laptop. Laptop has allot more options then an tablet and yet tablet you can move around with. It's also the fact that an tablet has lower specs but yet again depends on what device that you get.

I'm not an tablet person anyway

Laptops yeah!! but I rather spend $2000 for an gaming laptop. Laptop has allot more options then an tablet and yet tablet you can move around with. It's also the fact that an tablet has lower specs but yet again depends on what device that you get.

I'm not an tablet person anyway

A $2000 laptop does sound good for gaming. But, I rather have a $2000 desktop gaming computer since I mostly play games at home, and rarely use a laptop because a desktop is more comfortable to use, and has better performance for the same amount of money.

A $2000 laptop does sound good for gaming. But, I rather have a $2000 desktop gaming computer since I mostly play games at home, and rarely use a laptop because a desktop is more comfortable to use, and has better performance for the same amount of money.
I also have $2800 desktop :) Well it's not worth that anymore since it's 5 years old but I have three computers that's worth over $5K

I also have $2800 desktop :) Well it's not worth that anymore since it's 5 years old but I have three computers that's worth over $5K

You have a nice collections of computers.

Do you regularly use all four of your computers?

You have a nice collections of computers.

Do you regularly use all four of your computers?
At the moment just the one since the other are in the box and needs to be updated. But once setup for good I use two on a gaming recording/steaming night and other times one.

At the moment just the one since the other are in the box and needs to be updated. But once setup for good I use two on a gaming recording/steaming night and other times one.

It sounds like a nice computer setup you have for game streaming and recording nights.

It sounds like a nice computer setup you have for game streaming and recording nights.
Yeah, with like 8 months of update and nee to get monitor (s) yet, have no idea what to get regarding that!!

Back