E3 Ghost of Tsushima Gameplay

New Post from Ps Blog:

49211372866_fb362c9ec1_b.jpg

I joined Sucker Punch as the new communications manager back in March (nice to meet you all!) and I’ve spent my entire time at the studio so far dying for the opportunity to show off more of the game. Today it’s my pleasure to finally do exactly that. I know it’s been a long wait for everyone looking forward to playing, so I want to start by thanking you for your patience. This is a big game for our studio (like…really big) and we’re taking our time to get it right.
Ghost of TsushimaGhost of Tsushima
Today, we debuted a brand-new trailer that delves deeper into the identity our hero is forced to adopt in order to save his home: The Ghost. While Jin starts our game as a samurai, he’ll learn skills and adopt tactics that are decidedly not samurai-like, and you can get a small taste in the footage we revealed today. In the months ahead, we’ll share more about Jin, the threats he faces, the allies that help him along his journey, and what he’ll have to give up to become this new kind of warrior.
Ghost of Tsushima
As I mentioned, Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin. Our trailer includes some quick glimpses of the vibrant, diverse open world you’ll get to explore, but we’ve barely scratched the surface.

I’m also happy to reveal our box art today, featuring Jin in his Ghost armor as a growing storm looms behind him. You can also get a peek at some of the gear and upgrades Jin will acquire throughout his journey, which we’ll share many more details about next year.

Beyond our new trailer and box art today, we also have some brand-new Ghost of Tsushima merchandise to reveal. At the PlayStation Gear store, you’ll find the first of many new pieces of merch that we’ll have as we get closer to launch. (Please note: unfortunately these new items will not be available for Christmas delivery.)

It is so exciting that Ghost of Tsushima will be in your hands next year, and there is still plenty more to share!

Last edited:
Just need some Kunoichi to balance it all out :p

you got me thinking into PLOT stuff lmao

Wonder if Fromsoftware is going to do a new Tenchu game after seeing this highly anticipated game's reception. I mean Sekiro was initially planned as a new Tenchu game...

a reboot for PS5 would be great for the series.

Yep that would be awesome indeed!

If not probably Sony is going to do Ghost Of Tsushima 2 for ps5 or something like that. More tenchu like ninja simulation open world game!

Some Ninja PLOT lol
IBjO4UA.jpg

New Trailer is up and june 26 2020 baby yeah!

Just read the game will not have waypoints:

Sucker Punch wants you to drink in the PlayStation 4 exclusive’s scenery, so it’s doing away with irritating waypoints, hoping that you’ll explore its open world naturally. The tidbit comes courtesy of an Official PlayStation Magazine preview, in which it claims that the Seattle-based developer wants you to use “landmarks and your knowledge of the world” to navigate it.

The publication continues: “Sucker Punch is no stranger to creating open worlds, but the fairly minimalist nature of the environments is a bit of a departure for the developer. Time in the story will pass as you explore, with titles telling you how much time it’s been since the invasion began.”

Naturally you’ll happen upon enemies as you explore, and you’ll have the choice to attack them head-on or stealthily. You’ll have a grappling hook for traversal purposes, as well as a handful of gadgets to use.

Read some more stuff:

You can either fight with them like a samurai or sneak into their camps and take them down silently as a Ghost.

As you make progress in the game, you will have new allies helping you out with the dangerous business you have with the Mongolians. However, even things could go south with your friends throughout the story, depending on your actions. From the time you decide to fight as a Ghost, some characters including Shimura, Jin’s uncle and the lord of Tsushima, don’t seem happy with the path you’ve chosen for the fight.

When it comes to visuals, Sucker Punch has put a lot of effort into designing a minimalistic world and some brilliant cut-scenes. The same thing goes for the gameplay as well, “grimy game in the best of ways.”

So Samurai or Ninja, neat.

Yep. Though The Way Of The Ninja is cooler imo. Probably the game is going to have different endings and story scenes depending on your playstyle.

Physical Copy of the game's standard edition will have a reversible cover too:
fPbYILQ.jpg

Back