Have your jail broke your mobile phone?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, but I plan to

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, and I don't plan to

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
I've jailbroken/rooted every phone I've ever owned. My latest phone, which I've had about 7 months I have not rooted at all. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I can customize it in whatever ways I've wanted to in the past, including theming the interface and icons. I am satisfied with it as it is.

I had my phone for only a few days before I rooted mine. In fact I bought the phone I did specifically because the others I was looking at couldn't be rooted. (The service provider locked the bootloader...)
Rooting it wasn't that hard but it was kinda nerve wracking. I'd never done it before and I'd just spend a lot of money on a high end phone that I was about to essentially gut the OS on and start fresh.

However I am glad I did because rooting offers so much more control and customization. I'm able to, if I wanted, to mess with the CPU to under or overclock it to control performance. Or like with Titanium Backup... root access there allows me to back up a copy of an app so if an update breaks things I can revert back to a known good version.
(Buying an unrooted phone is like buying a laptop that you don't have the admin account to. Sure you can install some things but there's going to be stuff you still can't do.)

Additionally it removed a considerable amount of bloat from my phone. (Like a dozen apps my carrier put on there.) Stuff that I was never going to use... like their TV app. (Which required their $80 a month data plan... which I wasn't getting.)

I had my phone for only a few days before I rooted mine. In fact I bought the phone I did specifically because the others I was looking at couldn't be rooted. (The service provider locked the bootloader...)
Rooting it wasn't that hard but it was kinda nerve wracking. I'd never done it before and I'd just spend a lot of money on a high end phone that I was about to essentially gut the OS on and start fresh.

I'm sure BA had your back with rooting it.

I tried to root my first phone ever to get a custom software on it. Managed to get the boot screen into a loop so never tried rooting a phone ever again. I just don't trust myself anymore :confused:

I tried to root my first phone ever to get a custom software on it. Managed to get the boot screen into a loop so never tried rooting a phone ever again. I just don't trust myself anymore :confused:

really got to watch the videos a few times and read the guides to the letter. I reviewed cracking my phone's guide several times before doing it along with a small prayer.

The answer is a no.

I am not planning to either. I am no good with hardware and I am afraid that I might mess something up.

So, I would never do that.

I don't want my phone to be jailbroken since I don't feel secured with it but I jailbroken my gaming consoles like PS3 for me to easily download and play for my consoles. I just don't want my phone to be jailbroken for some reason.

Back