Have you tried Stadia and other streaming games services like Onlive?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I tried Onlive and Gaikai streaming games, but have not tried Stadia and Playstation Now.

I also like my games locally installed and bought on a physical dusc or cartridge if they have a physical release like game console games.
I also try to get games on DVD but even when I do, there have been cases where the DVD set is useless on day1 (like The Division 2) all because of the day 1 patch that is almost the size of the DVDs combined.

nope, barely have time for my own console games.

I also try to get games on DVD but even when I do, there have been cases where the DVD set is useless on day1 (like The Division 2) all because of the day 1 patch that is almost the size of the DVDs combined.

Buying the DVD set of games can be useful if the game is still playable or somewhat playable without installing the patch.

People with slower internet or ISP bandwidth limits may want to play the game without the patch which may take many hours to days to download, or end up costing them a lot of money to download if they go over their ISP bandwidth limit like 100GB per month where they need to pay a few extra dollars per GB over their limit.

I heard stories of people paying many hundreds to thousands of dollars by going over their data limit for their cell phone data service plans.

Buying the DVD set of games can be useful if the game is still playable or somewhat playable without installing the patch.
For games that require Steam, this is not possible, they force you to update the game regardless. For games that require Uplay, this may be possible but don't quote me on it.

nope, barely have time for my own console games.

I think if it is possible to share the save files between console and streaming games like Stadia, some gamers with less time may have more time to game while they are away from their game console by using Stadia to play console games with the same save file.

For games that require Steam, this is not possible, they force you to update the game regardless. For games that require Uplay, this may be possible but don't quote me on it.

I think Steam should at least allow the game owner the option to play the first level of a game at their own risk of running into game problems before being forced to update a game to play the full game.

I think it is annoying to buy a game, and find out a game requires a huge file size update to play the game.

Back