Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
When connecting a cable box to a TV, do you feel HDMI or HD supporting component cables are better?

HDMI all the way. I've seen the difference in setting up my own STBs, and my family's, to know that HDMI is the way to go on most setups.

I think HDMI is better because it is easier to plug in since it is just one cable, and the video and audio signal is digital on HDMI instead of analog which can have interference problems sometimes.

I've always wondered that myself. I know HDMI is much more convenient because all of the channels are in 1 cable, but I wondered if there is a difference in picture quality.

I can't really tell a difference in picture quality by using component HD cables, VGA, DVI, or HDMI. All four HD cables picture quality look pretty similar to me.

I think Component HD, DVI, and VGA cables maybe more durable because the cable plugs are bigger, and seem to be designed to be un-plugged, and re-plugged in a lot compared to HDMI where the connectors inside the plug look less durable.

My cable company switched out our cables saying that component would have better sound, but I'm pretty sure HDMI gives sharper image.

I think you need a surround sound home theater speaker system to experience the best sound from a S/PDIF Component or optical Toslink audio cable which uses light to transfer the audio signal to a home theater speaker system.

I think you need a surround sound home theater speaker system to experience the best sound from a S/PDIF Component or optical Toslink audio cable which uses light to transfer the audio signal to a home theater speaker system.

True, but with two sound cables it ensures (I guess) a constant strong audio signal.

True, but with two sound cables it ensures (I guess) a constant strong audio signal.

I think there maybe fewer audio lag problems as where the video is faster than the audio, or the audio is faster than the audio because each cable have its own cable, and processor chip like a sound chip, and video chip on the settop box, so the speed of the audio, and video will be playing at the same speed.

Back