Hi there everyone!

Sollux

twinArmageddons
Awards
Credits
• Hi, my name's Ness. I'm gonna try and keep this a bit short..
I'm an experienced Brawler. Well, at least with one certain character...(However, please don't ask me to brawl just yet, as I do not have my USB Connector atm...)

• I got my 3DS around a week after it was released, and I've yet to get a 3DS game. I'm considering to get LoZ: OoT however, and as my first LoZ game as well! Shocking, I know...otherwise, basically I have been using my 3DS to listen to some rockin' music, and playing some DS games such as Pokemon White.

• I think this may be my 3rd or 4th forum I've decided to hang out at occasionally, doesn't hurt to meet new people right?

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community Ness! I have to admit, that's a pretty nice username, and for anyone who either likes him in Brawl or Earthbound as a series, a fantastic username in general. I was also going to post a welcome topic for you myself after seeing how you posted elsewhere, but never the less, you beat me to it I guess.

But enjoy the forums!

Glad to have you aboard Ness! Welcome to this excellent community. Smash Bros. is always a great game to play, I'm glad to see a fellow fan, as are many here.

I 110% recommend Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as your first addition to your 3DS library. Especially as your first Zelda game, you'll be hooked as soon as you start the game. You can never go wrong with a Zelda title. Anytime is a perfect time to try it.

See you around!

@ Nin3DS
• Thanks! I try and get this name whenever possible, if not my Japanese name. I admit that I am an EarthBound fan, heh heh..

• And thank you! Btw...
You have chortles?!

@ Apregius
• Yeah, I agree! Though I will honestly admit I wasn't too big into the Smash Bros. series..at first!

• Oh! Great to know! I heard that the original LoZ: OoT was a big hit! I hope that the 3D one is just as good, if not better!

• Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome. I see you too are a fan of the Mother/Earthbound series as am I. Though in Brawl my best character is Lucas with Ness being my second.

-look up and waves hi- heyloo ness and welcome to the -grab guitar- welcome to the awesome radical nintendo 3ds communtiy where it rules cause where coool like that -stop singing- >-< well that was random lol

hm game listing i would pick for you is super monkey ball or pac man new game or ninja cube ( puzzle game) or join the epic story of samurai warriors chronciles -nod-

one more thing >->..<-< sonic starfox pikachu are my brawl team -flip in the air and vanish-

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dark Young Link
• Thanks! Why, hi there. Yes, I am!
So you don't actually main Toon Link huh...I thought you did based offa your avatar! Well...
About Lucas, I currently like to think that he has something going on with B-sticking (C-Stick set to Specials.). Lucas can be all over the place with Magnet Pulling plus Zap Jumping, seriously.. you don't happen to do that, do you? I admit it's pretty fun watching Lucas go all over the place rather fast like that..

• Whenever I get my USB Connector back, we outta brawl sometime...

@ ShelkeYokai
• Hiya Shelke! Lol for random stuff. =D

• Really? I never heard of some of those games before. Monkey Ball and Pac Man, I have. Thanks for the recommendations!

• So that's your favorite characters then? What bits do I know about 'em..might help you if you didn't know these lol.
Sonic about Spin Dashing, and ..oh darn, I forgot the AT name, but it's Up-B to Dair...Dair lag cancels if you do it at the right time..
I heard Fox can approach perfectly fine with SH'd (Short hopped) air dodge. He could do something like utilt/grab after that.
Pikachu is all over the place with...QACing [Quick Attack canceling)!

• Thank you for the welcome!

@ Nin3DS
• I must say, you are really starting to convince me on gettin' OoT 3D. I'll get it whenever I get the chance! Thanks!

• Fawful was awesome, I agree! He stuck his face everywhere, even on Peach's grass! I still can't believe he did that..it's a shame he got a bit cocky too soon against Bowser though, he pulled the 110% percents... but he did do that before in the 1st game..

@Dark Young Link
• Thanks! Why, hi there. Yes, I am!
So you don't actually main Toon Link huh...I thought you did based offa your avatar! Well...
About Lucas, I currently like to think that he has something going on with B-sticking (C-Stick set to Specials.). Lucas can be all over the place with Magnet Pulling plus Zap Jumping, seriously.. you don't happen to do that, do you? I admit it's pretty fun watching Lucas go all over the place rather fast like that..

• Whenever I get my USB Connector back, we outta brawl sometime...
No no no no. I hate Toon Link with a passion. My avtar is of Dark Young Link. Young Link was my main in Melee, but he was cut out and replaced with Toon Link. I hate Toon Link because I hated Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.

No I don't use PK Thunder to move around. Only to save myself.

I'll see if I can my parents don't let me play wifi so I have to do it when they aren't home.

@ Ф Soulless /\ngel Ж
• Thank you. Cool name set up btw. Stylish.

@ Dark Young Link
• ..Oh I see. You're one of those people, I apologize. I'm curious to why you don't like those games, but you do not have to answer.

• ...Huh? I wasn't talking about PK Thunder. I was talking about PK Fire+PSI Magnet, that's Magnet Pulling. I know Lucas' PK Thunder is slow, unless you Thunderslide.

• Yikes...I know how you feel there.. =/
If that's the case, I don't wanna get you in trouble. It's not cool. Plus I don't think I'll get my USB Connector back anytime soon. No worries.

Just like so many others have already said, welcome, dearest Ness, to ye olde community!

It's ok. I don't like the story of Wind Waker. I didn't like
how PH was a dream because I'm not big on those kind of endings.
And I just didn't like anything about ST. It just wasn't that great of a game. It was better than PH and WW though. Also I have this problem with cel-shade where if I play a game with those graphics for so long I get head aches and it's a pain.

Oh. Well then no. In fact I've never heard of that, but it doesn't sound like anything I would ever use. The other thing I never do is use PK Thunder to get the smash ball. I mean I know all is fair, but... I feel so cheap using it. Especially with Lucas since you can get multiple hits.

That's ok if you get the connector back I can. My parents leave a lot more now.

@ NintenDan
• Thanks NintenDan, I appreciate it!

@ Dark Young Link
• Huh...I see. The cel-shade thing though, that's perfectly understandable though, so I can't blame you. That doesn't sound too good though...

• I kinda figured you never heard of it before..but okay. I already got the idea of what kind of brawler you are..Lucas' PK Thunder pushes the Smash Ball away though, which means it could push the Smash Ball torwards someone else. I would think that you would say you wouldn't use PK Freeze, not PK Thunder. PK Freeze is rather fast, does more damage, and it freezes anyone that gets hit by it.

• ...Okay, if you say so.

I only use PK Freeze because the B button is a reaction finger so when some one is near some thing I want it causes me to use PK Freeze, but I don't usually use it unless it's a dire situation.

• ...I see. So you sound like you don't like using Special moves at all then. But....
Okay, nevermind, don't worry about it..

gosh dangit YL I know you spoiler tagged it but now I know PH ending....dangit...oh well my curiosity got the best of me.

anyway welcome. Personally about oot:3d I would not get it if you own the original cart and the GCN adapation like I do. But it's your choice. I like smash bros as well.(I main bowser,marth,and sonic.) I am not very good at games though but I do enjoy them.

• ...I see. So you sound like you don't like using Special moves at all then. But....
Okay, nevermind, don't worry about it..
Oh I like using them. I love using them against CPU's. It's just again human players I don't because I feel cheap using them for some reason.

Welcome to N3DSC Ness! Seems like you're fitting in comfortably, but if you have a question just ask!

You can pretty much tell my favourite characters from my username. But even they don't mention my most common character in Brawl. Kirby. Although strangely enough I find myself getting better each time I play as Diddy Kong...

PK Thunder is a good recovery trick and can save a player as well as stop edge-guarding if it's timed correctly. I just have a nasty habit of missing myself.

Oh and before I forget: OoT 3D is one heck of a good game. Pretty funny to see Navi smack her head on a wooden fence in 3D, too. I decided to restart yesterday (I hardly got anywhere - only grabbed the Spiritual Stones, so it wasn't a great loss) and grabbed the first two stones without much trouble... Except for that gameover, heh.

@ kingbooforums
• Curiosity killed the Boo, apparantly..

• Thank you! I never had Ocarnia of Time before, tbh. Quite an odd mix of characters of choice, since they all play differently! But diversity never hurts as long as you know what you're doing.

@ Dark Young Link
• I have to say...you are not playing cheap when you use Special moves at all. Special moves are just as dodgeable as regular moves. I can easily tell you what people would label as "cheap" easily. But...

@ Yoshi64Mario
• Sure thing! I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

• I see! You into the Paper Mario series, specifically? Kirby and Diddy huh? Diddy's all about Bananas...literally. I'm not too surprised if you feel like you're getting better with Diddy, as Diddy's banana's help out a lot. Kirby doesn't really have long ranged options like Diddy does, so maybe that's why you feel that way.
May I ask, do you use Mario or Yoshi at all? Or do you think Yoshi's a little too floaty for your tastes?

• Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Recovering with PK Thunder in Wifi is tricky too, but at it's worst with terrible lag! It takes a while to get used to, but otherwise, it's a really useful move.

Back