Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Welcome and salutations to a forum that has stand the test of time for over 8 years! As owner and admin of this proud forum, I have chronicled all of this site's history which you can read below.

This is the history of Gamingforce, Edge Gamer and Gaming Latest.

----

This site is not the first one to be made but rather the 6th one in its generation.

Many years ago I spent most of my time on a forum called G4 (Apart of the G4 tv network.) when Zero invited me to a forum called Gamingforce. I deiced to join it and it was alright for a while and I had no idea what host it was on. Soon after Zero moved it to proboards where we got a few good members like ubertrance and experienced our first spam attack which I quickly put the ban hammer on and sent those fools packing. After while we weren't doing so good so Zero moved the board again to ipbfree forums (which no longer exists and thank god we got off of it.).

It was turning out all right, we got a few active members and the forum turned out pretty good. Until Zero could no longer do forums and closed down the forum. By now I was attached to GF and managed to get a hold of Zero and asked him to transfer control to me which he did. I got control and for the next few weeks I was a noob in the ACP as a beginner I had to learn everything there was making mistakes and learning from them. Thanks to ubertrance we got the lovable and mad arcade player seaofclouds. Due to a mistake I made with a skin, GF got the valuable admin of coding Cloud( Yoshi Stosh ), further on GF got more value members like Taylor who helped me understand skins and was good with GFX.

After Stosh made me admin on his fire emblem forum which was on jcink and I saw it was like ipbfree but minus the credits needed to use its features. I deiced to pack up GF and move it once more to jcink hosting which was the best thing I did.

With Gamingforce now on Jcink and completely made with my ideals instead of Zero's, GF was quickly become successful by getting highly valued members like MisterKalas ( Spiritwarrior Spiritwarrior ), Typewriter and others. GF did start to slow down a bit and people came and left without making much posts but now GF is getting many regular members a day which has brought us to this 1 year mark.

---End of first history---

With the forum getting on in years, we neared our 3rd anniversary with more people come and gone and GF expanded in every-way it could by going onto twitter, youtube ect. I believe these were the years that the forum began to slow down a lot badly. To a point I thought about closing it down for good. But I decided against that knowing a lot of time was put in the forum and I would continue to run it so long as a few members came by daily even though there were days where it was just me.

By this time in the year 2010 our jcink hosting was good but experiencing many problems such as slowness and other things from content DDoS attacks. After a meeting with joshua(Stosh) I had convinced myself to put down the money for both the software and the hosting to move Gamingforce to the latest IPB software and its own hosting where we began to expand in many areas and be able to provide things we previously could not.

As we neared our 4th anniversary, I was still experimenting with what having our own forum software could do and have added some neat features. But by now the forum seem to have settled on a core base of 10 members with high daily traffic and yet still not reaching the activity I wished. Even after adding a console repair affiliate, which in the end fell though, that did not help boost things.

It is now March of 2012, the forum now sees a daily of 15 members and we are still moving along fine but not as great. I feel the cause of the forum not being as great as it should that we lost so many good members to life. Life being school, work, real life things. It is now that with future and past viewing of this log, that I realize that the GF staff is cursed.

Yes you read right, cursed. Every good staff member had to leave due to life, school, work, responsibilities. You name it and the cures took them from me, hurting GF and keeping it from its greatness. But such is life and I will continue to look for staff in hopes of one day assembling a wonderful staff team that would beat the curse.

---end of history v2-----

As the year 2012 progressed things remain fine and then E3 2012 finally happened bringing in a nice amount of traffic which moved on sadly after E3 ended, but not without some great members winning the E3 2012 contest.

This contest was the first of many to come, which others were cash prizes and game giveaways like KH 3D for 3DS. These contests will lead us to GF's biggest give away in its history, a Nintendo Wii U which after a long while H hissae2 managed to win.

With the contests going well I decided to focus my attention on other things like our website. I got Marc Marc to make a skin based on our custom GF darkness theme making it match the forum. After that G GreyHelm joined the forum and promised to write some articles as website staff. Remember that curse I talked about? Yep, you guessed it, after two months Greyhelm completely vanished and still have yet to hear a thing from him as of August 2013.

We now enter the year 2013 with things looking promising as this year I use a special mod to bridge our website and forum so that when you log onto the forum you are also logged into the website and it's thanks to members of Marc and @Memento Mori for keeping it fresh with topics.

For the year 2013 I made one promise to GF members, a video game giveaway every month. At first it was going well, but towards June activity and interest in the contest has grown lackluster and the monthly giveaway has been reduced to an every other month thing with better prizes.

As I continue to strive to make GF better, with a much needed review thanks to J-RAY AidsorHIV who suggests and advises many great things. I work hard towards 2014 to make GF better and to find it a better suitable hosting since our great hosting Empire hostings shut down.

---end of third history----

The year 2014, it’s the year I realize that GF activity isn’t to the right amount yet that I can host monthly contests. I promised back in 2013 that there be a contest every month but with only a few members joining it became very clear I needed to shift resources to getting members and so I ended the monthly contests with a renewed purpose to work on gaining active members.

2014 thus far since the 2013 update has been rather quiet, we’ve gotten a lot of new staff which most didn’t work out (dat curse!). Trilient, Vyre and Mikaya are some of the people who attempted to help us but sadly backed out. Though @Super Bowser Bros has joined us as a global mod and has been doing a good job thus far.

2014 has been sprinkled with events, there was smash camp 2014 which with my help brought victory to GF’s representing cabin. Daily and Gaming chat boards were made to isolate the daily update discussion topics and we got ourselves a very nice E3 ad banner that I hope will be used a lot next year at E3 which E3 2013 was once again was a nice turn out for GF.

And to finish off, all zero post accounts on GF were deleted sadly. Though we lost many people who took time to sign up I’m sure more will take their place sooner or later.

As I work late nights every day to make GF a huge forum I got by these words,
Other gaming forums will close but GF will never close its doors. One day, sooner or later they will all flock to Gamingforce and I will welcome them with open arms to the place for gaming news.

GF has seen a lot, hackings, spam attacks, trolls who I want to see if they got balls, if met in real life. We've had great GFX people here, people making games that have dropped out, a console repair service and a whole lot more all come and gone. It's my only regret these have not worked out for the best. But we are still online with many great members and hopefully soon one day GF will become the great forum it's meant to be, a place for an awesome gamer hangout.

End of 4th history.

The age of rebranding.

With a new admin team after Spirit warrior, our long time greatest admin leaving, we began to plan a rebranding of Gamingforce into Edge Gamer which was done by the current admins, Demon_skeith, IntoxNitram Martin and Allan Allan. This happened in late 2014 where we settled on a new game Edge Gamer and that we would switch to the forum software Xenforo from IPB. It took many months to plan and gather the resources needed for the biggest revamp in forum history.

As of the first week of August, 2015 Gamingforce on IPB ended and Edge Gamer on Xenforo was born. Things were great for a short time, we had a very nice custom skin put up, the Xenforo addons were perfect for our gaming forum and overall most of the members loved the site. Sadly a few staff layoffs came from this, as we lost Super Bowser Bros and Allan as staff.

Not long after the completed revamp, in the same month, we were contacted and threaten with legal issues of using the Edge Gamer name by a much larger forum that used the same name, but with an S added into its name. Not wanting any trouble (though wanted to fight it), I quickly renamed the forum once more, into Gaming Latest.

This sudden name revamp crippled several of our preparations (such as the GFX) and for most of September we had to pick up the pieces of that and rebrand.

Now entering October, Gaming Latest works and strives on activity and advertising to achieve its activity goal.

End of fifth history.

Staff members of Gaming Latest

Demon_Skeith- well what can I say about myself other then I am highly respected and run a great forum.

ToCool74 ToCool74 - a great mod and a cool friend.

froggyboy604 froggyboy604 - thanks bro, your help in the tech and off topic boards are greatly appreciated. Lover of asian music and tech he is the man to go to for any advice relating to that stuff and keeps the forum safe as head mod.

Former Staff

Allan – Became too busy for the forum life.

Super Bowser Bros. – Grew inactive

MisterKalas (spiritwarrior)- started out as admin of security but actually turned out to be a great advertiser for GF and bring many member to GF. Like all things though he finally had to retire.

DCoachM - GF's first vice admin who is here to help out with the work load!

Joshua (Stosh)- thanks to joshuas coding GF will become a forum with features to satisfy anyone. Sadly he left on bad terms.

RedCarpetSugar - The man of music, he is another mod who is here because he knows people. Nuff said.

Typewriter- Thanks to GFX skills he has made many images for GF and for it's members. If typewriter ever makes something for you make sure you thank him.

madmax3- another great helper in the GFX. Make sure to thank him for his graphics.

Classic™- is another great helper in the GFX and I believe is currently on vacation....

Seaofclouds- my rival in the arcade and biggest poster on the forum is the greats mod anyone could want.

Kisame- a new mod but a great person to know and post with and is also a great RPer.

Sparky- I don't know much about you but thanks for helping Zero make the MMORPG and bringing something to the forum that will make it great.

Zero- The man who started it all but much later turned out to be the thing this forum needed for making arcade games and the upcoming MMORPG. Also without Zero we would not be here today (possibly).

ubertrance- creator and head of the uber game mods. A great person to post with but it is sad that he stop doing forums.

Kody- another mod but due to computer trouble I had no choice but to demod him.

Taylor- master of the Graphic Gamers and has great GFX skills. taylor has met the fate that we all fear and that is no longer be able to be online and still balance our real life's.

sonicodsc- well a good person but unfortunately disappeared.

The Reaper- a great fan of GF and active poster who was made mod. But was sent to Iraq and is still alive and comes on a few times here and there. Please keep him in your prayers so that he comes back to us one day.

thanks, a lot happens over 8 years :p
8 years.
I don't know what to say but great job demon-skeith :grin:
I didn't want to read such a long post at first but after I have started reading...I couldn't stop!
jcink or something hosting....I wish zero didn't switch hosts back then....

8 years.
I don't know what to say but great job demon-skeith :grin:
I didn't want to read such a long post at first but after I have started reading...I couldn't stop!
jcink or something hosting....I wish zero didn't switch hosts back then....

I am glad he switched, I remember the first two being junk before going to IPBfree.

Ok so I logged into an old gmail account that I hadn’t used in forever and kept on seeing stuff from a gamingforce. After a bit of googling it seems to be this site now.

Now that I’ve read your post here in this thread, I think I understand a bit more what this place is and why I joined.

sonicodsc was a mod here or something and an admin at ODSC. around summer 2007 on the g4 forums I found out that her password was password on pretty much every site she joined. Unfortunately the only site where that wasn’t her password was ODSC where she was an admin. I remember really wanting to get into that account and mess with things cause I was a loser. So if this was the place where she was a mod, I think I posted with her account for a little. I don’t remember spamming, though so I’m not sure if I was a part of that incident. I remember when people found out what I was doing it scaring the 5 people that posted here though.

Sonic still post posts at a small forum I go to occasionally along with some other old g4 posters. I played animal crossing with her a couple of years ago. Nice person.

btw is anyone here still in contact with that kalas dude? I remember everybody always being so mean to him at g4 cause he was like a robot or something. I feel so bad lol

Gamingforce is being used elsewhere my something out of this world. I read though the topic three times to get more understanding that I may missed out. Congratulations.

Now, let me read it again

Ok so I logged into an old gmail account that I hadn’t used in forever and kept on seeing stuff from a gamingforce. After a bit of googling it seems to be this site now.

Now that I’ve read your post here in this thread, I think I understand a bit more what this place is and why I joined.

sonicodsc was a mod here or something and an admin at ODSC. around summer 2007 on the g4 forums I found out that her password was password on pretty much every site she joined. Unfortunately the only site where that wasn’t her password was ODSC where she was an admin. I remember really wanting to get into that account and mess with things cause I was a loser. So if this was the place where she was a mod, I think I posted with her account for a little. I don’t remember spamming, though so I’m not sure if I was a part of that incident. I remember when people found out what I was doing it scaring the 5 people that posted here though.

Sonic still post posts at a small forum I go to occasionally along with some other old g4 posters. I played animal crossing with her a couple of years ago. Nice person.

btw is anyone here still in contact with that kalas dude? I remember everybody always being so mean to him at g4 cause he was like a robot or something. I feel so bad lol

Holy crap ODSC, a wild site that was. As far as I know Sonic wasn't an issue here, though I don't think anyone got scared off either but that was years ago, so I don't remember fully.

And I think his email is still good if you wanted to contact him, I see him pop on every now and then.

Wonderful job Demon_skeith on keeping the forum alive and well and going through all the troubls and keeping strong. Which hosting are you using now? Is it the best that you used till now and what would you recommend for someone just starting out a forum regarding hosting.

Wonderful job Demon_skeith on keeping the forum alive and well and going through all the troubls and keeping strong. Which hosting are you using now? Is it the best that you used till now and what would you recommend for someone just starting out a forum regarding hosting.

Thanks, though it hasn't been a wonderful job (this site has died about.....3 times or so but I kept it going).

We are on Geek Ghost hosting, and they are very reasonable in pricing though their support isn't as helpful as I like it to be.

Being presistant in it self is a wonderful job remember "success is only a matter of hanging on while others have let go" so in my book you are doing a very wonderful job

Being presistant in it self is a wonderful job remember "success is only a matter of hanging on while others have let go" so in my book you are doing a very wonderful job

thanks, though it is a shame that the internet doesn't recognize it. I've seen hundreds of forums come and go during this site's years.

Keep at it and i am sure it will become a big forum one day, i am sure of it :)

Would be nice to fully rewrite this and lay it out a bit better, maybe with some graphics and updated information.

outside of the 2015-2016 year its up to date, though a few things may need some grammar spit and shine. And this isn't a picture book :p

though I think I can get some full screen shots of the old sites.

wow! great journey...doing a great job man! I didn't know u own the site.

you can create an About Us section and add the history there as well:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that was a great read. A lot has happened and from the looks of things seems like you have yet to update this since is close to two years since you made the thread and by then it was over 8 years... so you must be celebrating the 10 year anniversary right now, aren't you, guys?

CONGRA-EFFING-LATIONS!! That's immensely awesome!
When is/was the anniversary date?

Back