History of this Forum

Man, that was a great read. A lot has happened and from the looks of things seems like you have yet to update this since is close to two years since you made the thread and by then it was over 8 years... so you must be celebrating the 10 year anniversary right now, aren't you, guys?

CONGRA-EFFING-LATIONS!! That's immensely awesome!
When is/was the anniversary date?

Really not much to update in the last few years, but the big ten will be this August. Will have to think of something special to give out.... maybe a console or two.

all I have to add is you ARE REALLY lucky to move your forum off proboards it is now nearly impossible and your data is held hostage lol :)

all I have to add is you ARE REALLY lucky to move your forum off proboards it is now nearly impossible and your data is held hostage lol :)

If I remember right we didn't port the data off of proboards, the admin at the time simply started over on ipbfree where I would eventually take over. Though fun fact, when I did ask to become admin I was mainly asking for the proboard ownership and a few days passed when I realized it was on ipbfree.

Wow I never thought that it's been running for 8 years. Congratulations and keep at the good work. This forum is really awesome.

Woah I didn't know this forum is ancient. But why the forum seems to be lack in members and activity? Anyway thank you for your hard work.
We've always been relatively small, but I wouldn't say over 300k posts is lacking content or anything. We have a handful of dedicated and active members, which is all we can really ask for. Sadly we also seem to get passed over. I was hoping the NeoGAF issues last year would breathe some life into the forum but they set up a different forum instead of joining pre-existing ones.

So this forum has ran on IPB for a very long time?
I'm currently unofficially running a forum that ran on IPB for a very long time too, it went from 1.0 all the way to 3.4 I believe, but 4.0 and anything newer is a total disaster.
As a response we ended up developing our own forum system as a replacement.

Not a fan of Xenforo myself either, but still better than IPB 4.x at least.

So this forum has ran on IPB for a very long time?
I'm currently unofficially running a forum that ran on IPB for a very long time too, it went from 1.0 all the way to 3.4 I believe, but 4.0 and anything newer is a total disaster.
As a response we ended up developing our own forum system as a replacement.

Not a fan of Xenforo myself either, but still better than IPB 4.x at least.
Yeah we looked into our options when working on the rebrand and we just liked the feel of Xenforo a bit more, it seemed better for the end user in general and better for the admins. IPB seems to have gone downhill a little bit, and Xenforo 2 (which we will eventually adopt) is a much better iteration of the software.

Well despite all the odds the forum is still here and still going.
Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith your dedication has kept it alive.

You should try some Social Media Marketing (SMM) to bring in Traffic and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to try to rank higher in Google.

Back