Hogwarts legacy is everything I could have even dreamed of.

Burnsy

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
There is genuine love and effort put into the world and the castle itself is literally alive with all the people and magic and there is so much to do and it feels natural. It's the kind of game most fandoms can only dream off. An open world RPG is the best possible kind of game to make with the world of harry potter. The combat is snappy and fast and actually feels like combat, walking outside of a room and stepping out into the open air bridge and seeing the castle from outside is breathtaking.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I was unable to get a copy yesterday because I don't have a PS5 or a Xbox x/s and I'm not really a PC gamer. I plan on getting it for my PS4 or the Nintendo Switch, so that won't be till April or July. It sucks that I have to wait that long but they've already delayed the game several times since it's original due date in 2021 so I've already waited that long.....

I'll pick it up once the bugs are mostly ironed out.

Curious though, how much combat is in the game? Is it a main focus?

I'll pick it up once the bugs are mostly ironed out.

Curious though, how much combat is in the game? Is it a main focus?

It's been completely bug free for me so far. Combat is not the focus of the game but there's enough of it especially outside hogwarts.

*squeals with delight*

This is making me more excited for the game.

I normally like to wait for them to get all the bugs ironed out as well but I don't know if I can wait in this case.

I have yet to play Hogwarts Legacy but it is not out for my console yet which has made me quite sad. Being a huge Harry Potter fan I have been excited about this game since it was released and everyone seems to be enjoying it so much! Can't wait until April when I can finally jump into the game and explore the game myself.

Anyone know if you can just like run around doing quests and explore without much combat?

There's various kinds of quests with and without combat. Some are fun and some are boring.
*squeals with delight*

This is making me more excited for the game.

I normally like to wait for them to get all the bugs ironed out as well but I don't know if I can wait in this case.

Don't want to burst your bubble but I made this post when I was 2 hours into the game and I was just seeing introductions and exploring hogwarts. Now 30 hours in I'm seeing issues which drop the score from a near 10/10 to a 8/10 at best.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll wait and let them iron out the bugs first. Maybe I'll ask for this game for Christmas instead of for my birthday in July.

Don't want to burst your bubble but I made this post when I was 2 hours into the game and I was just seeing introductions and exploring hogwarts. Now 30 hours in I'm seeing issues which drop the score from a near 10/10 to a 8/10 at best.
8/10 isn't that bad either but it's best they fix everything the best way they could.

Maybe I'll wait and let them iron out the bugs first. Maybe I'll ask for this game for Christmas instead of for my birthday in July.

Not the bugs that dropped the score. The characters, the enemies, the handholding, the quests and the story are what dropped it. Those won't be fixed no matter how long you wait.

If they messed with much in the game, it's going to be very big problem. You hardly fix all that to what it's meant to be no matter how much you try.

Not the bugs that dropped the score. The characters, the enemies, the handholding, the quests and the story are what dropped it. Those won't be fixed no matter how long you wait.

True. I'm still going to give the game a try myself. Like someone else said, 8/10 isn't that bad. If you had told me 2/10 then I would have been worried.

Back