How anonymous are you in general?

How anonymous are you online?

• Extremely anonymous, I don't even use a pseudonym or fill in profiles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairly anonymous, I use a pseudonym (username) and give few details

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Not that anonymous, I use a pseudonym but make my real name/photo clearly known

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not at all anonymous, I always use a real name and information on any website

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Whether you're online or not, how close do you guard your privacy and actual name? Do you do what myself and various others here do and use a pseudonym at all times? Give out your 'real' name and photo at every opportunity?

Personally, I like to be most anonymous. Never really liked the whole social network obsession or people giving away their entire lifestory over the internet, and I kind of miss the days when using a username instead of an 'actual' name was seen as extremely common.

So how anonymous are you?

I'm as anonymous as I can be in this day and age. Aside from Facebook, I use a constant pseudonym...ever since middle school I've gone by Lord Regal everywhere, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I do give out a couple details, mainly that I'm currently in college, but that just pins my age down, not where I'm from, who I am, etc. I'm somewhat paranoid that someone will misuse information that I give out if it's too revealing, so I keep myself anonymous.

I'm not very anonymous. I don't see the need for me to be as most people won't go kidnap a 22 year old man. Plus as a designer, I'd rather have my name known and out there. It kind of takes away from the creeper factor, if someone know more about you. Though that doesn't mean go out and spill your info on the net.

i keep some personal stuff to myself if i feel like it, but there are plenty of other details (like location, the school i attend, things that interest me) that i don't feel the need to keep private all the time. i usually share more or less depending on the community i'm participating in, and how new to it i am, etc.

I'm not really, as I do go by my real name on here. Plus my location's listed for those who add me in Mario Kart 7.

Well, obviously I don't put my location, and age on forums. If using a proxy counts, I guess I'm "anonymous" xD.

I try to be as anonymous as I can, but that failed after a while on another site. However, I'm going to be an author soon and people will probably know my name by then.

I am fairly anonymous. I only use my name on facebook, and other than that, do not spill anything too personal. I may give a little bit extra out to those I am close to, but otherwise my identity is unknown to the world. You can't be too careful :)

I'm a pretty anonymous person, I don't like giving out lots of details, I wouldn't put my location on a profile or something, neither my age.

I'm willing to reveal my first name, some small life details, and maybe a partial photo.... However there are times I reveal a lot about myself, depends on the person and situation I guess.

I can't say that I try to stay as anonymous as possible >.> I mean, most of my friends are online and it'd be a bit awkward if one day you had to tell them that you have been lying about your identity all along (for example if you were planning to meet them)

In todays world i think one should still have a sense of privacy even though though we are in the media age where information gets spread quickly. If i "know" you for a lengthy time i dont mind sharing more of myself. Sadly i have seen to many that just give ALL the details about themselves in one setting or too fast.

I'm as anonymous as I can be in this day and age. Aside from Facebook, I use a constant pseudonym...ever since middle school I've gone by Lord Regal everywhere, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I do give out a couple details, mainly that I'm currently in college, but that just pins my age down, not where I'm from, who I am, etc. I'm somewhat paranoid that someone will misuse information that I give out if it's too revealing, so I keep myself anonymous.

Talk about paranoid :o

I go by Moclon as well to wherever I sign up, but if someone asks, I don't care telling him my first name and what country I live, what's the worse that can happen?

To be honest, I like being anonymous quite a bit.
But that's not always possible when you use the same username everywhere xD

Back