PS4 How big of a screw-up was it go get a Japanese PlayStation 4?

blackcats

Banned
Credits
Having been playing on PlayStation 3 for a while and drooling over Bloodborne and The Witcher 3, I went ahead and blessed myself with the presence of a PlayStation 4. Immediately, there was a problem. My excitement toned down my level of consciousness and I realized instead of getting a Region 1 PlayStation 4, which I had been planning to get for as long as I can remember, I ended up with the Japanese version (whatever region that is). The language can and is set to English, but you know, the thing was made for Japanese audience.

I remember asking the seller if it would work with region 1 games online, and he said it would if my PlayStation Network was registered with a US address. But I'm still not sure. Can you guys tell me if that's the case?

Now that I've got myself a Japanese PS4, what good stuff am I going to be left out of? For the record, my PlayStation Network account is Region 1 (my ID is aisajib in case someone wants to be friends :) ), can I play with region 1 multiplayers with PS Plus membership? Does the actual game has to be Region 1 as well for this to happen?

Thanks for any insight you can give me. Oh and sadly, I couldn't get a copy of Bloodborne. It was stock out. :( I had to come home with The Witcher 3. Although I like the game, I'm still missing Bloodborne.
http://otohyundaidongvang.com/product/xe-tai-7-tan-hyundai-hd700-dong-vang/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmm, wasn't this posted before?

Numbnuts

Back