How do you prefer buying your 3DS games? Nintendo eShop, or retail stores?

fyrefox

@_@
Awards
Credits
What do you prefer? I personally prefer buying the actual game, I don't really like the idea of buying games, just so I have something to look at, and I don't really bring my 3DS anywhere, so I could always bring the game to a friends if need be, though the Nintendo eShop is awesome considering you can buy actual 3DS games, my internet can hardly download a WiiWare game for the Wii, so I don't really resort to it.

I prefer to go retail, and get the physical copy. If I were to lose my 3DS or it got stolen, I would lose all my games if they were all digital downloads. This way, if that were to happen I would only lose so much.

Retail physical copies. I would be way more inclined to buy 'E-copies' of games from Nintendo if they used an account based system like Steam for distribution. I don't fancy something happening to my console and losing access to everything, or having to argue with Nintendo as to whether I owned said games or not...

I actually prefer buying the digital copies because I don't like having piles of games. The benifit is storing them in the SD computer or in a USB. The bad thing is the memory capacity, though you can buy a bigger SD card but not worth it
Also I like to travel so having the benifit of having more games with you digitally than physically is really awesome. Hope I'm not the only one who thinks this way :p

If Nintendo had an account system like Sony's, and frequent sales like PSN's (see, I'm not even saying they should have Steam-like prices), plus a convenient way to buy prepaid cards online, I would be buying mostly digital for my 3DS.

For my Vita, 90% of my games are digital and I like it that way. So convenient.

I still have a few games downloaded off the eshop on my 3DS, but Nintendo's archaic policies are preventing me from purchasing MORE digital titles.

If Nintendo had an account system like Sony's, and frequent sales like PSN's (see, I'm not even saying they should have Steam-like prices), plus a convenient way to buy prepaid cards online, I would be buying mostly digital for my 3DS.

For my Vita, 90% of my games are digital and I like it that way. So convenient.

I still have a few games downloaded off the eshop on my 3DS, but Nintendo's archaic policies are preventing me from purchasing MORE digital titles.

Exactly! We have tons of games on our PS3 that are digital- there's lots of sales, and all the games are on our account so there's no fuss. I'd still buy all my games as a physical copy for the most pat, but I would own way more of the virtual console and downloadable indie games.

So far I only have one 3DS game from the eshop and that's Super Mario 3D Land (I got it for free for getting a 3DS at christmas). Having lost my old DS Lite -SADNESS- I would get more and more paranoid with the more downloads I have. Also, I prefer having loads of game boxes, so I can be proud of my collection ^^

Always pysical copy. I like to feel like I actually own the games. If your 3DS ever broke you'd lose those digital copies you paid the same price as a pysical copy for.

Retail store. Like others have said it feels special to actually own a copy of the game, and the virtual memory loss can also be a spirit breaker :/

I prefer hard copies, but if I had to get the download version, I wouldn't mind. For Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the game will already be pre-installed on the console, so I don't mind, but if I had a choice to buy the 3DS XL and game separately, I would.

I prefer to get physical copies as I enjoy actually having the game in my hands and the manual/case on my shelf. But, I do like to download digital titles time to time, and unlike some people who don't like the games being saved to the hardware/SD card, I find that a blessing because if Nintendo ever does close their servers, my games won't vanish from the face of the Earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as my console is from a different region than the one I'm currently residing in, I tend to buy actual games online, while downloading minor games like uno on the eshop (things only about 5-10 euros or so). That way not too much is spent on shipping if its a cheap game, but for the larger ones i.e. MK7 and AC:NL, I can actually take a look around for the cheaper prices than the eshop, especially since some can be purchased pre-owned. Though to be fair, the eshop tends to charge more than various vendors. c:

I tend to buy both digital and hard copy games. At the moment I have more digital download games. Although, the reason why i do this is because i live in a small community. I have to drive an hour to go purchase a hard copy at a GameStop. It really sucks, I went one time to buy Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and they had no copies!! Ruined my day, so I went home and downloaded it. I don't favor digital copies over the real thing. It's just the easier one to get sometimes. Both ways of purchase are alright with me.

Back