Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
How long after the Xbox one's release do you think the 360 will stay alive for?

Well it is still is going strong at the moment i don't think because of the release of the Xbox one will kill off the Xbox 360 i think it will last for another 5 to 6 years

Seems with Microsoft they are only supporting for around 3 more years after Xbox One is released with 100 games being released in those 3 years. How long it will last as for people continuing to play after those 3 years is very unpredictable.

I think a few years, but it depends on how many people still buy and play games for the 360, and how many game makers still make new games for the 360 without risking not having enough gamers who will buy a new game.

I think the Xbox 360 may still be alive, but MS will not support it as quickly, and spend most of their time on the Xbox One, Windows 8.1 Gaming, Windows Phone 8 Gaming, and their other MS gaming platforms.

In a few years, Mini consoles like Ouya, and Nvidia Shield maybe more powerful than the 360 when the newer versions are released, so more people who can't afford the Xbox One, may get the Ouya 2, and Nvidia Shield 2 which could make the 360 gaming population smaller, so the 360 may not be worth supporting past 2-3 years when cheaper, faster, and more graphically intense mini consoles grab a larger amount of 360's active gamer population in a few years.

Plus, the price of a starter gaming PCs is getting more affordable where a $400-500 PC can play many PC games at medium to high quality settings, so PC could make the 360's active gaming population smaller as well.

Its going to stay alive for at least 4 more years if you ask me.

Its still going strong, with a huge amount players still enjoying Halo 3,Halo 4, and the Gears of War series.

Not to mention there are already games in development that span into 2015 which is after the release of the Xbox One.

I think that late 2014 they're going to start the process to end support so that by mid 2015 they'll have completely moved over to xbox one. That'll make xbox 360 10 years old and the xbox one will be 2 so it should have a strong enough library to stand on it's own by then.

Microsoft announced that they would support the Xbox 360 for another 3 years. Personally I think this is a great achievement for a console in this day and age. I think they have set the 3yr time scale, so they do not end up in the same position as they did with the original Xbox (where the old Xbox was holding the progression of live back).

I believe it will last a long time, not everyone will buy the $500 console, and the 360 isn't so bad compared to the Xbox One.

I think 1-2 years sounds reasonable depending on the amount of people who still play games on the 360 since eventually all the old Xbox 360 would be broken, and the number of people buying new Xbox 360 to replace old console, or buy new 360 is falling because there is now more people who are saving up or waiting for a price drop for either a Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC, or other console rather than buying an older console where Xbox Live, and the console won't be supported for as many years as new gaming console.

Stopping Xbox Live for 360 is also one of the ways to make people switch over to the Xbox One, or Windows 8 Gaming PC faster.

The Xbox 360 still has a lot of cool games and with the lower prices because of the next XB1's release, it'll get a lot of sales.

Heck, I would have purchased one if I was no PC gamer. I'm guessing it'll take 3-6 years until people forgot about its games and move on.

I dont see the Xbox 360 going anywhere right now because the console is still going strong and the game is backed by some really good titles. I think that from the looks of it that the Xbox one is not as good of a console then the Xbox 360. I'm just saying what I think though.

I would think until 2016 at the very least. I was online last week and there were still tens of thousands of people playing Halo. I couldn't imagine the numbers dropping so much in the next couple years that they could completely shut it down. They will probably slowly shut servers down for the popular games around 2016, and be completely done a year after that.

It'll be around for a long long while yet, along with the PS3. They're still the most purchased consoles of all time and I imagine it will remain that way for some years to come. We're probably looking at another 10 years or so before a new generation of consoles beyond the XB1 and PS4, so the shelf life of the XB1 and PS4 hasn't even really started yet. I imagine the XB360 and PS3 will be going strong for another 4-5 years yet before people start to make the switchover - after all, the consoles are a lot of money still and realistically it's going to be a long time before they considerably drop in price, and they're never going to be cheap enough for everyone to be able to afford one.

The 360 still sells and the platform is still being supported by both third and first party developers. It seems like the concept cross-generation games is much more prevalent now than it was years ago.  If I had to make a guess, I would think the system is going to be around for around another two years.

I have heard the EOL for the 360 is in 2016. Which means no more Xbox Live for the 360. Microsoft want's to get as many people as they can to convert to the Xbox One. So they are going to force the people that want to hold onto the 360 to convert to the Xbox One.

Greg

Back