If you are a PC player - do you play on a desktop or laptop?

DudeThatsErin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I play on a desktop when I play on PC.

When I get a new computer it'll be a macbook so it'll be a laptop then.

I only use laptops because they take up less space. But I've used so much memory on it with helpful apps that I can really only try cloud games or small games.

Laptops' Gaming GPUs are twice or more the price tag of Destop Gaming GPUs with much much less 3D rendering power. So Desktop Gaming PC for me.

I choose the laptop 'cause I wanna play games in bed.
But if necessary, I still get up to use the desktop.

I mainly play games on a desktop PC because it is less likely to overheat, and desktop PC parts like RAM are more affordable.

I feel a regular tower Gaming desktop is better because it is easier to clean out dust and dirt to prevent overheating problems from dust clogging up cooling fans and covering computer parts with dust.

It is also easier to upgrade a tower Gaming PC's cooling fans, and heatsinks to imrove the cooling on a tower PC.

I never realized how annoying the fan sound was until I went back to a desktop.

I feel the sound of laptop fans and laptop cooling pads can be annoying as well.

There are quieter running desktop cooling fans, and fanless desktop PCs which make very little noise or no noise.

Last edited:
I use the desktop. It's more comfortable having it be on the desk with our computer chair. Not to mention the screen is smaller on a laptop. For those who use a laptop, how do you make it comfortable for yourself?

I use the desktop. It's more comfortable having it be on the desk with our computer chair. Not to mention the screen is smaller on a laptop. For those who use a laptop, how do you make it comfortable for yourself?
I lay it on my lap and I lay on my bed because at least I get back support if I need it.

Playing games on a larger screen and using a full size keyboard and mouse is one of my favorite part of playing a game on a Desktop Gaming PC.

I prefer laptops for gaming but not always since they are not upgradable as PC but if you play games on the go laptops are good.

I do both. We have a dedicated gaming PC but sometimes my Macbook is just conveniently accessible.

Back