Increasing Self Check-outs

You guys don't bag your own stuff? I saw that some American supermarkets have bag boys/girls but thought that was a rare thing
It's like guaranteed at Kroger and Meijer when at a cashier but the self-checkouts are self-serve. Meijer recently started back into it.

Reactions: Ash
You guys don't bag your own stuff? I saw that some American supermarkets have bag boys/girls but thought that was a rare thing

A lot of older and disabled people shop at grocery stores in America and Canada, so there is usually someone who bag groceries at many stores if the shopper can't bag their own purchases.

A lot of older and disabled people shop at grocery stores in America and Canada, so there is usually someone who bag groceries at many stores if the shopper can't bag their own purchases.
That's quite good actually, I didn't think of it like that about people that have trouble with bagging their groceries
It's like guaranteed at Kroger and Meijer when at a cashier but the self-checkouts are self-serve. Meijer recently started back into it.
So is it like a separate person that bags your stuff or the cashier themselves that does it? And do you have to tip them?

I love how self checkouts are “supposed” to help with not having enough employees at the checkout, but stores still only have one real register open, and half the self checkouts don’t work.

That's quite good actually, I didn't think of it like that about people that have trouble with bagging their groceries

So is it like a separate person that bags your stuff or the cashier themselves that does it? And do you have to tip them?
Two people. One bagger, one cashier, but some places the cashier does both like say Target or Walmart. You generally only tip them if they help put groceries into their vehicle but that's never at the big-name stores.

I love how self checkouts are “supposed” to help with not having enough employees at the checkout, but stores still only have one real register open, and half the self checkouts don’t work.

I would like to know why they break, is it because karen didn't get the sale price and she hit it? Lol.

I would like to know why they break, is it because karen didn't get the sale price and she hit it? Lol.
Yeah, there needs to be some external source. Germs on the money? An overweight item on the scale? I know they need to be reloaded with change and sometimes cash but it should all be engineered in.

Over here, we have an employee that hangs around the self-checkout area to sort out any problems. They speed around entering their staff code to dismiss some of the errors which is quite good.

I think this is why a lot of people are going to self check outs now. Places have less staff to work with so they are going to more self check outs or at least considering it.

Over here, we have an employee that hangs around the self-checkout area to sort out any problems. They speed around entering their staff code to dismiss some of the errors which is quite good.

We do to, but one needy person grabs the sole person and the rest of us are stuck waiting.

I think this is why a lot of people are going to self check outs now. Places have less staff to work with so they are going to more self check outs or at least considering it.

I know fast food places want to do with it, which is fine with me.

• Haha
We get that sometimes with the older folk that don't know how to use the machines. They'll hog the support person and then everyone has to wait patiently whilst they're being shouted at by the machine that there is an unidentified item in the item area.

We do to, but one needy person grabs the sole person and the rest of us are stuck waiting.

I know fast food places want to do with it, which is fine with me.

I know McDonald's here has a kiosk where you can order food from and pay for (if you are using a debit or credit card only) so it's in the fast food places already.

I know McDonald's here has a kiosk where you can order food from and pay for (if you are using a debit or credit card only) so it's in the fast food places already.
Those kiosks were a life savor for me when I lived in Europe. You roll into a McDonald’s and weren’t sure if they spoke English or not.

They are amazing until they break. I used one yesterday and the printers on them weren't working so no one was able to get a receipt with their order number. It was chaos.

Yikes, the screen doesn't display the number at all?
Nop. That would be the best solution but it's only on the receipt which is quite stupid. I guess they normally don't have to deal with all the machines having problematic printers.

Nop. That would be the best solution but it's only on the receipt which is quite stupid. I guess they normally don't have to deal with all the machines having problematic printers.

Ugraah, its called not thinking of all problems, someone failed at their job.

It’s funny how everyone spoke English in Denmark EXCEPT the guy at the McDonald’s drive thru

Was not your day.

Back