Infuriating Games?

Naiwen

Queen of Games!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What are some of them that get under your skin or grind your gears or get your goat up or etc? I'd say its Super Smash Brawl and some of them Tales of too. Very tough and hard ones. Because I really suck at it... I will lose no matter what.

I get infuriated with any game where I get to a checkpoint and my ammo is so low that I cannot survive to next checkpoint at all. One big example of this recently was Dead Space. I got so far in to the game, but I got to one point where I got locked in a room and lots of creatures came out. After dying several times I thought maybe it was a case of if I survive long enough then the doors will open, but it turned out the doors would only open once i'd killed a certain number of creatures. But my ammo was so limited that there was no way i could kill enough to reach the doors opening.

That's what infuriates me with games.

I get infuriated with any game where I get to a checkpoint and my ammo is so low that I cannot survive to next checkpoint at all. One big example of this recently was Dead Space. I got so far in to the game, but I got to one point where I got locked in a room and lots of creatures came out. After dying several times I thought maybe it was a case of if I survive long enough then the doors will open, but it turned out the doors would only open once i'd killed a certain number of creatures. But my ammo was so limited that there was no way i could kill enough to reach the doors opening.

That's what infuriates me with games.
Or when you must go to a certain saving point to save your data, or not you lose the whole game... that sucks and its really irritating too.

fighting games, I can never get the controls down if there not something very simple.

A very infuriating game for me was the first James Bond 007 game because I couldnt reach checkpoints with ease.

Any type of racing game gets me very angry. I have given up on them completely because my anger took away all of the fun. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. I think its just the thought of me losing a race. Maybe I will get back into them in a few years.

Any type of racing game gets me very angry. I have given up on them completely because my anger took away all of the fun. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. I think its just the thought of me losing a race. Maybe I will get back into them in a few years.
Or gets you riled up? & why?

I don't have any problems with the games I buy for my consoles, because theres
all kinds of tutorials around to help whenever I need. But I have barely
just downloaded Nyan and for the past month I've been getting so pissed off that
I can't get past 90k. Theres some kind of mega deluxe pack thats 3.99 that I'm really
thinking of adding on. Shame the game is supposed to be free.

The game that has currently got my goat is Pitfall! Whoever was able to master this game and win while standing in an arcade must've been a great player, because it is just too easy to die in this game as far I can see. And even if I manage to stay alive, I keep running into a log and it's chipping away on my points.

>Getting mad at video games.

I just take a deep breath, close and open my eyes, and try again.

Makes me wonder how would you guys fare against the NES Ninja Gaiden games.

My only real peeves are when a game pulls out the cheap difficulty and/or when I can't save where and when I want to. I mean I can understand trying to make the game challenging, but at the end of the day it's suppose to be a form of entertainment. Which is why I should not have to slog through four straight hours before I'm allowed to make a save. I mean my bladder hates me as it is.

What game doesn't save for hours? Surely checkpoints aren't that far apart. And as for your bladder.... don't these games pause when you go to the menu? I mean come on.

Doing 10+ combos in fighting games really. The timing and practice you need to perform them flawlessly isn't just for me. :grin:

Back