Infuriating Games?

What game doesn't save for hours? Surely checkpoints aren't that far apart. And as for your bladder.... don't these games pause when you go to the menu? I mean come on.

Okay there are several things in regards to checkpoints and pausing -

*Exceptional amounts of cutscenes which tend to drag on and can't be skipped.
- You generally can't pause during them and action typically resumes immediately after they end. There usually aren't points at which to save before them.

*Some games allow you to be murdered during pausings or at save points.
- I have in recent years become paranoid about when I take a break or put things aside because of nonsense like this becoming prevalent.

*Not every good game cares about the creature comforts of an individual.
- Sometimes games glitch and so I prefer to save my progress over pausing whenever possible, further I have learned to hold my liquid for up to 13 hours in a row (long story). Perhaps that seems odd, but it happens if only rarely.

With Xbox 360 you can pause gameplay whenever you want because all you need to do is press the Xbox button on the controller and it's paused. I don't know if you are playing Xbox but where there's a will there's a way.

Some games allow you to be murdered during pausings? If you get murdered then the game isn't paused so it wouldn't be during a pausing.

What game doesn't save for hours? Surely checkpoints aren't that far apart. And as for your bladder.... don't these games pause when you go to the menu? I mean come on.
With Xbox 360 you can pause gameplay whenever you want because all you need to do is press the Xbox button on the controller and it's paused. I don't know if you are playing Xbox but where there's a will there's a way.

Some games allow you to be murdered during pausings? If you get murdered then the game isn't paused so it wouldn't be during a pausing.

Well, I've never had an issue with pausing, so I'm with you on that. It sounds a little far fetched that a game won't allow you to pause. I've heard of people pausing games for hours on end and hiding everything to make sure that no one touches the unit or the controller.

But, I do prefer the games where the checkpoints are shorter in intervals. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but one of my biggest knocks on the LEGO games were the length of the chapters. I didn't see where I could randomly save a game and come back to it. As far as I could see, you had to finish the chapter or start over.

There were more save points in Shattered Dimensions, but I prefer to finish chapters/levels per sessions to avoid any mishaps, which I have had. Granted, it may have been user error versus the game, but since I can screw something up, I want to be as sure as possible.

League of Legends can get pretty infuriating. Not because it's a bad game but because of the people.
There are some people that are just...bad. There is no getting around it.
Or people who throw the game on purpose. It gets super annoying.

Super Street Fighter 4 AE is the most frustrating game alive. I've done all the trials and it took me months to finish them. When you play online it's even worse. The lag from other peoples connections drives me crazy. The trolls sending you messages after you lose a match. That's why I took a break from that game for a while. It became a major headache.

Back