Installing Bigger Hard Drive on a PS4

I really do not get it why most people need a larger space. My PS4 cannot even reach half of my hard drive. I only play 1 game at a time with no updates and patch (Yes I played Assassin's creed unity without updating). I also (almost) never connected my PS4 on the internet, just first when I had to set up it and sometimes when I want to change my avatar and buy themes. I also don't get why people install and play multiple games.

Many store other stuff besides games like shows/music/ect.

they install multiple games because they have other people come over and play them.

I would suggest that rather than opening up and risking damage to the system, you should use external drives. You can get external ssd drives easily.

This was made before external was possible, but still its very easy and pretty much no risk in upgrading a PS4 storage.

I probably should have done this a lot earlier but there is no point in me doing it now with the PS5 so close to launching. Modern Warfare took up way too much space from my hard drive when I still had it installed

none that I know of, the storage device just has to fit in the slot and be bigger than 160GB.
In these days terabytes are already in the market, but these are for PC's. 500 GB hard drive will be good for newer systems instead of those old 160GB hard drives.
none that I know of, the storage device just has to fit in the slot and be bigger than 160GB.
In these days terabytes are already in the market, but these are for PC's. 500 GB hard drive will be good for newer systems instead of those old 160GB hard drives.

Now Sony have gone past PS4, they've developed new console franchise in PS5, which every gamer knows. My PS4 is running on a 500GB ROM I don't think I can't cover it up anytime soon, since I don't installed much of the video games internal, I use mainly CD ROMs.

I understand how frustrating it is to have low storage, definitely it wouldn't be nice for me that love games to have that low PS4 low ROM storage.
The slim PS4 console is better off, at least it has 1TRB of ROM which is an upgraded version of the fat PS4.

I understand how frustrating it is to have low storage, definitely it wouldn't be nice for me that love games to have that low PS4 low ROM storage.
The slim PS4 console is better off, at least it has 1TRB of ROM which is an upgraded version of the fat PS4.

Wait, are you talking about Read Only Memeory? It be useless.

Wait, are you talking about Read Only Memeory? It be useless.
Yes, the read only memory is the one that accepts the data for any file, be it large or small. When it is low it means 'low installation of video games, and I am not in for low console ROM.

Yes, the read only memory is the one that accepts the data for any file, be it large or small. When it is low it means 'low installation of video games, and I am not in for low console ROM.
You can’t install anything on read only memory because it’s “read only”. Read means you can only take information off of it, but you can’t put anything on it.

So a ROM drive on a console means it has pre-installed games flashed onto it, but you can’t add any more games to it.

You can’t install anything on read only memory because it’s “read only”. Read means you can only take information off of it, but you can’t put anything on it.

So a ROM drive on a console means it has pre-installed games flashed onto it, but you can’t add any more games to it.
I understand your point, what I'm trying to say is the ROM storage for gaming. Like the internal storage drive of any console. When it is low, it means low amount of video games or other files to be installed.

I understand your point, what I'm trying to say is the ROM storage for gaming. Like the internal storage drive of any console. When it is low, it means low amount of video games or other files to be installed.
That’s not ROM storage, that’s just the storage which will be HDD or SSD, depending on what you put in there. If you installed a ROM drive, you can’t install anything because it was flashed with something and it’s now read only.

It’s like a pre-burned disc is read only, you can read the data off of it, but you can’t put additional information on it without burning a new one.

That’s not ROM storage, that’s just the storage which will be HDD or SSD, depending on what you put in there. If you installed a ROM drive, you can’t install anything because it was flashed with something and it’s now read only.

It’s like a pre-burned disc is read only, you can read the data off of it, but you can’t put additional information on it without burning a new one.
I got your points now, you've tried to convince me on what's right. I was busy calling it ROM, thinking it's simply for internal storage memory. Now I've learned new thing here, you're always welcomed buddy.

Back