News Introducing the Overwatch Champions Series

Uncrowned Guard

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Overwatch 2 Esports Evolution Introducing the Overwatch Champions Series.jpgBlizzard Entertainment is reshaping the 'Overwatch 2' esports scene with the launch of the Overwatch Champions Series (OWCS), an inclusive and regionally focused competitive circuit open to players from North America, EMEA, and Asia. The OWCS comprises multiple stages and international events, aiming to make esports accessible to a wider audience. Key features include a partnership with FACEIT in NA and EMEA for streamlined gameplay experiences and distinct competitive structures tailored to the unique needs of Asian subdivisions. Additionally, the series will feature live international tournaments at DreamHack, with other programs like the WDG Cup and Scholastic Tournament in Asia, providing diverse competitive platforms for players.

Full Article: Uncrowned Gaming

Nice to see Overwatch being accessible since 2 was free and with crossplay. Hope they have fun.

Nice to see Overwatch being accessible since 2 was free and with crossplay. Hope they have fun.
Honestly I love OW esports even with all the issues on the game as it just makes such a good team sport. I truly hope they can get it turned around.
How many will join I wonder?
That is a great question. I don't believe they have said anything about teams or even prizes to try to get a grasp on how it will go.

Back