Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Lenovo IdeaPad 100s

This looks like a good cheap laptop for schools, and work places which only need a computer for doing office work like word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, data-entry, and light web browsing.

The design of the laptop looks pretty good for a cheaper laptop.

In the video, Austin said this laptop is fanless, and does not have active air cooling which can be a concern for me since I bet, this laptop may heat up and slow down if I use this laptop for playing games like Minecraft, Emulators, or watching a HD video on YouTube.

Its something I would give to a person for simple work or school homework.

It would be fine for someone who doesn't use the Laptop for high resource things (ie. playing games, watching videos, editing videos, etc.) and wouldn't use it for long periods of time. I don't think it would work well in the school atmosphere to be honest, though, as some classes have programs with very demanding programs - things like video and photo editing, CAD related classes, etc.

It would probably work decently for classes that only need it for word processing or spreadsheets, but my concern would be that since it doesn't have the fan it may overheat if used for extended periods of time.

It would be fine for someone who doesn't use the Laptop for high resource things
Agree with golddisk here getting a laptop this cheap would only mean for "excel or Word" or probably to check your mail. adding more functionality could cause damage or will slow the laptop down tenfolds.

It would probably work decently for classes that only need it for word processing or spreadsheets, but my concern would be that since it doesn't have the fan it may overheat if used for extended periods of time.

I think getting a USB laptop cooling pad with cooling fans is a good idea for users who plan on using this laptop for extended periods of time like taking notes for many hours in class.

Windows 10 sometimes can use a lot of RAM, and CPU resources when it automatically runs Windows Updates, and install virus and definition updates for Windows Defender which is the bundled antivirus program.

A lot of websites with a lot of Adobe flash animations, Java, Javascript, HTML5, and advertisements can sometimes slow down cheaper laptops and desktops where it gets warmer, and the cooling fans spin faster to cool the PC down.

The laptop battery also can heat up the entire laptop if you set the screen brightness very high, and use this laptop for watching 1080P MKV video on Windows Media Player.

Back