Is Ocarina of Time truly the best game ever?

Is The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time the best game ever?

• Yes, it's the gold standard for gaming in general

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It was, but games since then have been better

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No, another game is better. Maybe lots of games are

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • It's tied with numerous other games as the best game ever

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Or even the best Zelda game? What do you think and why?

I think it is the same as Final Fantasy 7 in regard to the reason for its popularity. As Game Informer worded it for FF7 "Just because it was the first to break your heart doesn't mean it is the best game ever."

Ocarina of Time stood out visually and took every innovative step possible at the time. There is no denying it is a great game with an equally great story, musical score, and flawless gameplay, but I wouldn't say it is the best game ever. Best Zelda ever? Maybe; that part is hard for me to debate. Whilst I have played most of the predecessors more, I still have a fondness for OoT. That fondness, however, is lessening with each remake or port Nintendo puts out to the point if they remake it once more I may just snap. N64, 2 versions on game cube, port to Wii, remake for 3DS... too much of a good thing kinda kills it - especially with little to no space between each version.

Heh, just looked up online all the remakes as I only named the ones I owned.. apparently there was one more remake for a chinese-only system called the iQue Player that I have never heard of.

My favorite Zelda is Minish Cap as it took the best features from OoT and the traditional top-down games that I enjoyed. A close second is Zelda 2 as I love the magic and ability to level my character, thus adding replay value and more reason to spend playing it (basically what I am saying is it took an otherwise 3-4 hour game and turned it into 12-20 hours).

I love OoT, it's one of my favorite games, however, Majora's Mask takes the cake as, what I believe, is the best Zelda game, if not, the best game ever.

I don't think Ocarina of Time is the best game ever, but it was certainly revolutionary for its time. I don't think the other Zelda games are necessarily better or worse, either. They're all pretty fantastic.

It's impossible to call ANYTHING the "best ____ ever" - movie, book, video game, ice cream flavor - it's a matter of opinion. I certainly have favorite games, but I don't call them the best games of all time, because that isn't true. No game is the best game ever.

1. No

2. No

Z 2, M C, aLttP, TLoZ, WW, OoA, OoS, the list goes on. I like OoT but so many others get more playtime from me than it.

Is it the best game ever? No.

Is it the most overpraised game ever? Hell yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the best game ever? No.

Is it the most overpraised game ever? Hell yes.

I think Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts still have Ocarina of Time beat there lol Most over-praised Zelda, however, yes, that I agree with.

No. Paper Mario: Sticker Star is better.

-X @.@ you have not played Nintendo until you've played Zelda. God my first game was Zelda!!! This is sad.....
And screw my poll vote on the first. OoT was the best in its time but not now. And Wind waker Is my personal favourite, it was my first Video game.

I have never ever played a Zelda game but I will buy a game a game I am on a game hunt now so I will buy it.it better be a long game and Bette not be short.

If you don't count the cinematics and if you know where everything is, Ocarina of Time could run you about 6 hours if you collect everything. Add the cinematics, exploration (first time playing) and account for any times you may get stuck (such as the water temple which confused me the very first time playing) the game should run you around 12 hours. The 3DS version also comes with a second version that was originally only on the Game Cube where puzzles have been changed (which I found easier) called Master Quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
-X @.@ you have not played Nintendo until you've played Zelda. God my first game was Zelda!!! This is sad..... And screw my poll vote on the first. OoT was the best in its time but not now. And Wind waker Is my personal favourite, it was my first Video game.

I have played Nintendo before.
I have never ever played a Zelda game but I will buy a game a game I am on a game hunt now so I will buy it.it better be a long game and Bette not be short.

If you don't count the cinematics and if you know where everything is, Ocarina of Time could run you about 6 hours if you collect everything. Add the cinematics, exploration (first time playing) and account for any times you may get stuck (such as the water temple which confused me the very first time playing) the game should run you around 12 hours. The 3DS version also comes with a second version that was originally only on the Game Cube where puzzles have been changed (which I found easier) called Master Quest.okayyyyyyyyy

As far as Zelda series go, This one has a place in everyone's heart. If we were to use the analogy of music, i'd say OoT is the equivalent to Ode to Joy. I love this game a lot, but in today's standards, as big as it is, it is also kinda small. I feel that wind Waker is the best one to date because of how big it is. Even if you were to skip the ocean riding and put all the islands together it would still be a huge game. The fighting system is improved as well.

If you don't count the cinematics and if you know where everything is, Ocarina of Time could run you about 6 hours if you collect everything. Add the cinematics, exploration (first time playing) and account for any times you may get stuck (such as the water temple which confused me the very first time playing) the game should run you around 12 hours. The 3DS version also comes with a second version that was originally only on the Game Cube where puzzles have been changed (which I found easier) called Master Quest.

Man! To complete the main storyline and Master Quest on OoT it took me just about 65 hours o.o Maybe I was just really slow at it xDD

When I was a kid, I was beyond obsessed with OoT. And I'd spend hours kicking back and chilling in Kakariko Village. Those were the days.

I liked OoT but not as much as other zelda games I also think the newest legend of zelda game to the 3ds will have potential go download the trailer in the eshop

Back