Is Pokemon X and Y gonna speed along 3DS hacking?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Not in a literal way, but in the 'gives people an incentive to try' way?

I think it might. I mean, the 3DS may not yet have been hacked for various reasons, but that might be because the stakes aren't currently too high.

Pokemon on the other hand... really changes that. People are gonna want ridiculous broken Pokemon, ones from events and multiple shiny Pokemon easily. And whoever figures out how to hack the 3DS to allow that is probably looking at quite the popularity as a result...

So what do you think? Will Pokemon X and Y being released encourage the hackers to speed up and try to figure out how to hack the system to exploit the huge popularity of the series?

Perhaps it might. I don't like the thought of it though. I think that just takes the fun out of playing the games. Lazy trainers!

Ugh. I hate hackers. I hope Nintendo just patches anything that comes their way.

Its a good assumption, and it may well do so, because as you said Nin, it gives hackers an incentive to try harder. There is more reward now if some hacker succeeds. I hope it does not happen! Back when I played Pokémon, I stopped battling online quite fast due to the hacked super powerful Pokémon. I can handle losing. Just not when the match is so unfair due to cheating! It ruined online multi-player for me. If someone succeeds, it will ruin it for many! I hope hackers don't get their way on the 3DS.

I think it will, but mainly in the sense that it will bring in a whole new competitive crowd. I know tons of people who are just now interested in getting a 3DS because of Pokemon. I expect to see this becoming the case not only because of Pokemon though, but because of Smash Bros as well.

I think they will have hacked it by the end of the year. I saw no Hackers in online pokemon. Just better players ._. Are there any Action replays out there yet for 3ds?

I do see something like Action Replay for the 3DS coming sometime eventually, though I don't see anything such as 3DS Homebrew coming ANYTIME soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are places you can find people to battle who haven't cheated to get their Pokemon. Honestly, I hope it happens because the Action Replay I got after having Pokemon Diamond for a while extended the life of the game for me. I never battled anyone online with hacked Pokemon (I don't think I even knew how), I just explored the game with the no walls codes and such. Also, I typically do not go to Pokemon events so the action replay codes that activated such things were really cool.

I remember that people would give away hacked Pokemon on the GTS very generously. Often a Japanese player would trade me the Pokemon I wanted and it would be shiny and have great moves and whatnot, just for whatever garbage I put up for trade. Perhaps other people don't like things like that, but I do. :p

So, I'm sure the desire will rise greatly if it isn't already there. I'm rooting for it! :grin:

I wonder if it will be really tied in with eachother. Pokémon is one of the best reasons to hack the 3DS, but i'd rather not see it happening. On the otherhand, I donnot really care much, because I tend not to get involved with the hacking stuff.

Also, I would be verry interested to see how Nintendo will respond in case that happens.... They have been fairly mean to their fans of late.

I doubt they'll do too much. Just try and block hacks with firmware updates, and then see hackers simply get round them.

I mean, what can they do now anyway? These hacks are not developed by big companies (or even companies in general) for the most part, but by individuals and non profit groups. Shut one down or threaten one, and then someone else will just take their work and continue it. Once something's released online, it's pretty much impossible to get rid of it permanently.

And hey, these games are basically like the holy grail for wannabe 3DS hackers. If they figure it out, they know they're going to being bringing in the hits and ad money by the thousand.

Am I the only one who knows already of 3DS hacks using the Gateway flashcart?

I honestly can't tell. There is basically no unused content known about any 3ds game (but i'm sure new super Mario bros 2 has some) and no way to see any coding inside so i'm very doubtful.

I used to get hacked pokemon in White. All people need to do to cheat is get online and use a certain application for your computer. You just have to change a certain wifi id manually, but I forgot how and that computer crashed. I only use legit pokemon and thought it would be cool to trade to get a legit pokemon any way possible(like making shiny milotics). I did find Feebas in Sapphire and used my handy Enigma e-reader cards to get fabulous dry poffins for evolving if anyone read my status (but that's just plain creepy). Yes. Someone will abuse pokemon and other games.

I'm thinking there's a very good possibility. I have a hacked game myself, a Used pokemon Emerald.

Back